Chapter Six

Zera had felt as if she'd been on that ship for ages. She had snuck aboard without anyone noticing her, although she was instructed to stay behind, but her child curiosity had other plans. 

Unbeknownst to the young girl up ahead, while Threepio chattered away, Padme broke down in tears, the painful reality of their situation sinking in, and behind her where a Jedi knight dreaded the landing.

The Naboo ship finally landed on the Mustafar landing platform near a green Starfighter. Anakin ran up to the skiff as the ramp lowered. Zera poked her head out just enough to see Padme run to him.

Her eyes were raw and numb once inside the ship, her emotional control shattered, and she had sobbed the whole way there.

She was grateful, so incredibly grateful that he was alive, grateful that he'd come bounding across the landing deck to meet her.

"I saw your ship," Anakin said. "What are you doing out here?"

"I was so worried about you. Obi-Wan told me terrible things." she breathed.

His face changed, getting more serious. "What things?"

"He said you have turned to the dark side . . . that you killed younglings." She smeared tears from her cheek.

Getting the words out made her feel better; now, she had to rest in his arms while he held her and promised her he would never do anything like that.

"Obi-Wan is trying to turn you against me." his voice had dropped an octave and had gone colder than the chills that were speaking from the base of her spine.

"He cares about us."

"Us??!" he questioned

She nodded. "He knows . . . He wants to help you." a statement he could've laughed at.

"Anakin, all I want is your love."

Shaking his head, "Love won't save you, Padme. Only my new powers can do that."

"At what cost? You are a good person. Don't do this." she pleaded.

"I won't lose you the way I lost my mother! I've become more powerful than any Jedi has ever dreamed of, and I've done it for you. To protect you."

"Come away with me. Help me raise our child. Leave everything else behind while we still can." She continued pleading

"Don't you see, we don't have to run away anymore. I have brought peace to the Republic. I am more powerful than the Chancellor. I can overthrow him." Padme began stepping away from him, brows furrowed, "and together, you and I can rule the galaxy. Make things the way we want them to be."

Shaking her head, she started, "I don't believe what I'm hearing . . . Obi-Wan was right. You've changed."

Infuriated, he looked away for a moment before looking back. "I don't want to hear any more about Obi-Wan. The Jedi turned against me. Don't you turn against me."

New tears started, but they didn't matter; she'd never have enough tears for this: "I don't know you anymore." Padme said, her voice cracking, "Anakin, you're breaking my heart; you're going down a path I can't follow."

"Because of Obi-Wan?" he asked condescendingly.

"Because of what you've done . . . what you plan to do. Stop, stop now. Come back! I love you."

He wasn't listening to her. He wasn't looking at her. He was looking past her shoulder.

"Liar!"

Padme turned around to see Obi-Wan standing in the doorway of the Naboo Cruiser.

"No!"

"You're with him. You've betrayed me! You brought him here to kill me!"

Zera couldn't watch anymore she turned around covering her ears and shutting her eyes so tight it hurt all she heard were muffled sounds and the sound of lightsabers igniting but she couldn't dare look.

After what felt like an eternity she opened her eyes as she felt movement on the ship. She watched as the droids attempted to bring Padme onto the ship.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"We should leave this awful place." Zera heard Threepio say meaning Obi-Wan was back

She ran out of the ship over to him "Padme... She's... She's gonna be okay right?" he took her hand and walked over to Padme with her. "I don't know Zera," he replied.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"The ship had landed at the station, and Obi-Wan ran out with Padmé. 'We need to get her to the medical center, but take the girl elsewhere. She shouldn't be here." at that Zera started shaking her head "No, No I don't want to. I want to stay here with her."

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"She's lost the will to live,' was all Zera had heard. She had snuck away from where she'd been left to find where Padmé was.

For a while, all she heard were Padmé's cries until they stopped. She peeked her head out to hear Padmé say, 'There's good in him, I know, I know, there's still—' and then it stopped. The young girl had caught the attention of Master Yoda. He had expected her to start crying or react the way any child would, but she didn't. Instead, she was silent, as if unable to grieve."

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Hidden, safe the children must be kept." Yoda said "We must take them somewhere where the Sith will not sense their presence" Obi-Wan added

"Hmm, Split up they should be" Yoda suggested "My wife and I will take the girl, both of them. We've always talked about adopting a baby girl. They'll be loved with us." Bail said

"And what of the boy?" Obi-Wan questioned "To Tatooine. To his family send him." Yoda answered, "I will take the child and watch over him."

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"'What will happen to me?' Zera asked Obi-Wan. He crouched down to her level. 'You are to be taken to Alderaan with Bail Organa, along with Leia. You'll be safe and cared for there.'

Zera nodded. 'Okay.'"

End of Act One.

authors note: oh mu god can you tell my writing style changed half way through anyway after A YEAR I finally finished this act and I could not be happier its really bad writing but I just wanted it done so bad okay love you guys and follow the tiktok verxou.wp <33333