eleven ⚫️

Soon enough, it came to be the last class of the day with Mr. Williams. It was Friday too, meaning they didn't really have to do anything but present their videotape, which even then it didn't require much skill since it was already recorded and all.

Shawn and Cory were last to go, but they didn't bother to listen to anyone else's videos.

Shawn still had no idea what Cory ended up doing it on, but he didn't care anymore.

"Alright, up next is Matthews and Hunter." Eli stated as Cory reluctantly handed him the tape, wondering if maybe he went too far. It was too late, though, when the teacher put it in for the entire class to watch, and from there, Cory put his head down on the desk in shame.

"So, I'm Cory Matthews, as many of you guys know, and today we're going to be talking about friendship." He smiled into the video, "Now a lot of you guys know that my best friend is Shawn, or should I say was Shawn."

Cory paused for a brief second before picking back up. "We're no longer friends, in case you couldn't tell. It bothered me at first, but now it doesn't because I realized how bad of a friend he is. I mean, he's a terrible friend."

Eli then headed over to the movie player again after leaning on his desk. He realized then that this video assignment had turned into something completely different, something that never should've happened.

Cory paused briefly again. "He's done so many bad things, like how he always uses me. He's also a thief, so you guys should watch out what you have around him."

Eli kept pressing the button to eject the tape, but it wasn't working. He kept on pushing it and pushing it, but it wouldn't come out for some reason. It was almost like the thing was cursed or something, which obviously it wasn't, but still...

"Not to forget to mention that he always lies, so you can't trust him. I mean-"

Thankfully, Eli was able to turn it off before things got even worse. He couldn't believe what the Matthews kid had done to his friend, as that wasn't like him.

Shawn sat there, feeling deeply hurt. Cory looked back, feeling so much guilt as he regretted ever shooting that video.

"Cory, why would you say that when you know it's not true?" Shawn couldn't help the tears forming in his eyes, but as usual, he always fought to hold them back.

"I-I didn't mean it. I'm so sorry, Shawn." Cory apologized, wishing he could take it all back.

It was too late for that, though.

"Matthews! Office, Now!" Eli shouted, as he was not happy.

The entire class sat there bewildered as there were only a few minutes left before the school day would be over, and then there would be the entire weekend.

"Why would you send Cory to the principal's office when Shawn's the bad guy here?" A random kid asked.

"Yeah, he's a liar and a thief."

Suddenly, the whole class seemed to be against Shawn Hunter.

"Enough! I don't want to hear another word from you guys! Now the next person who speaks badly about Shawn gets detention." Eli stated sternly, feeling so bad for the child.

On top of it, the teacher couldn't help but feel like it was his fault, since he did pair them up together after all. He had hoped it would help them become friends again, but it only seemed to tear them apart even more. Plus, now his whole class seemed to be against the kid.

"Loser." The student to the left of the Hunter boy mumbled.

"That'll be a detention for you, Smith. Now there better not be any more of this!"