Finally Loved (2)

The blue screen had something written in it. Taehyun began to read it in his head. "You are now in the world of "Finally Loved" You can leave anytime but you may not enter again. But please do remember this is a fake world, the world of a game." 'What? This is getting more confusing now.' he thought. More and more questions appeared in his head.

If I'm here, what will happen to my body in the real world?

How long will I be here?

How about Beomgyu in the real world?

My friends and family?

So much is going on in his head right now. He's getting dizzy and is just about to get up to get some water, completely forgetting about Beomgyu. Just as he was getting up, he slipped, again. He held his arm which was still hurting because of the fall before when he saw Beomgyu walk in the room with a surprised look on his face. Beomgyu hurriedly put the medicine at the table near the bed and went to check on Taehyun which made Taehyun's face grow more confused each second.

"What are you doing at the floor again?" Beomgyu said with a worried face. Beomgyu held Taehyun in his arms, supporting him to the bed. He tensed at Beomgyu's touch. It seemed unfamiliar. He just stood there, too shocked to even do anything. He felt Beomgyu held his feet, checking for any wounds. He felt his eyes started to feel wet. He quickly blinked his tears away. "You're so careless, love. You should be more careful next time," Beomgyu said with a sigh. "You even fall a second time," he continued, giggling. He then hugged Taehyun lightly. "I love yo-"
"Ugh"
"Ah, sorry was it too tight? But it wasn't tight at all. He barely touched him. "Are you okay? It seemed like you're hiding something from me."
"I'm not"
"You are"
"I'm not"
"I know there's something"
". . ."
"The - There's something at work. I'll get going now." Beomgyu said, touching his face. Though Beomgyu's hands are cold, he still felt the warmth in those hands. The warmth he never felt before. It is somehow comforting. He just gave a small smile and nodded and Beomgyu left the room. He lays on his bed, staring at the ceiling. His mind's going blank.

What is this? Another world? Is this a real world? Am I dreaming? Many more questions were going on in his head. If he stays in this world of this game, will he finally be loved? Can he stay in this world of a game that he knew nothing about? Suddenly his vision became blurry. He stared at the ceiling for a little while longer until his blurry vision became black.

"TAEHYUN - GOSH WAKE UP YOU GODDAMN KANG!" Taehyun woke up to the sound of a familiar voice yelling. When his vision was finally cleared up, his face dropped at what he saw. It was Beomgyu. Did he go back to the real world? But Why did he have to wake up late? He looked at the clock at his bedside. It was.. 2 PM? WHAT?

"I'M ALMOST LATE FOR WORK AND I'VE TOLERATED YOU FOR NOT WAKING UP FOR BREAKFAST BUT YOU'RE STILL ASLEEP AT THIS TIME?" he heard Beomgyu's voice continue yelling. He's used to this. He would usually be saying sorry by now but maybe it's because he is too shocked at what happened, but this time, he just blanked out this time.

SLAP

He held his cheeks which was full of pain. It was then he realized what was going on and what he had done. Beomgyu kept hitting him, screaming at the same time. His instincts quickly told him to get on his knees, at least to stop the beating first. His arms and legs are already hurting now. "I'm sorry, I forgot to set my alarm last night." he immediately said. Beomgyu just scoffed and left the room. He always does that. Beat Taehyun up and then left him hanging like that. He tried to get up, using the bed to support himself. After sitting on the bed, he checked his wound on his arm. Fortunately, the bandage was still on. Suddenly, it was the same feeling he had before. His vision went blurry again and black dots started to appear everywhere. Until his vision went black, again.

He woke up, his vision still blurry. When his vision was cleared up, he looked at his surroundings, but all he could see was blue. Blue all over the place. He tried walking around the place. His footsteps stopped at the sight of a question in the air. This felt like a dream, he thought. But he could feel all the pain, so he definitely knew that this wasn't a dream. The question was written in white. It was a short, but confusing question. This time he read it out loud.

"Are you ready to choose?"

Ready to choose? Choose what? Right after he said that, a countdown appeared. It was a five minute countdown. For what? He's still wondering. He waited, impatiently as he was still confused. He lays down on the floor. Still, all he could see was blue all over the place. It is finally ten more seconds. Five minutes felt like five hours to him.

3...

2...

1...

The question suddenly disappeared, replaced with another question. "Do you want to stay? Or go back to reality?" Taehyun read it out loud again. 'So this is what it means when it says I can only go to this world once. Then another countdown appeared. 5 minutes. Taehyun guessed that it was time for him to choose. He stared at the question for a while. Then, he remembered what he experienced before. It was obvious what he would choose. Though he's still wondering why this game choose him to make a choice of living one's dream, without much thought he quickly chose what has been on his mind for some time now.

If I stay in this fake world, my dream will come true and...

I'll be loved.

Happiness and fear,

Both are the things that Taehyun is feeling right now. He's happy that he can finally live his dream life. Though at the same time, he's afraid. Afraid that he might regret it. The risk is worth it, he thought, trying to convince himself. Cold sweat dripped down his face, heart beating faster, fingers trembling as he reached out to touch what was in front of him.

"Are you sure to choose  Finally loved world?" he saw the text appearing in the air.

yes

Choice confirmed