Happiness (3)

Taehyun's POV

Black

It's all that I could see right after I clicked the screen.

Suddenly, I found himself in his room again. I'm now in my bed, feeling confused. It all happened too sudden. My first instinct is to check his phone. My eyes went straight to the time and date. 09.38. It is still early. He looked down, it was the date that made me even more confused. 00-00-00. He frowned at the sight. Is the phone broken?

I decided to go to the balcony, I wanted to clear all the thoughts that were in my head. I opened the door, it is still the same. The balcony is the same as in the real world. The house is completely the same, except... Beomgyu. I felt welcomed by the windy weather that covered me like a blanket. I took a deep breath and I heard someone call me. "Yah, Taehyun-ah" It is Huening kai. Though I never really met him because Beomgyu wouldn't let me go outside much, we knew each other since he moved there. I responded with a small hey. Even Huening kai is still there. Everything is the same. It somehow gives me joy. I wanted to feel that this is the real world. I wanted this to be real.

That Beomgyu... loves me.

+×+

I looked at the clock, I frowned. Without me realizing, I've been at the balcony for an hour now. I decided to go back to my room, do housework and stuff. I checked his phone again. The date is still 00-00-00. 'Maybe I should bring this to the store to get it checked,' I thought.

I went to the kitchen to check if there were still dirty dishes. There are, so I did them. It was my usual routine, wash the dishes, clean both my room and Beomgyu's, do the laundry then make lunch for myself. At this point, I didn't feel any difference from the real world. Maybe it's because Beomgyu hasn't come home yet. I looked at my phone again. For the third time, the only thing that is catching my attention is the date. Is it really broken? Or is it because this world is not real, so time doesn't pass? I guess I'll ask Beomgyu if I could go to the store.

"Yah, Taehyun-ah, what's up?"

"H-hyung, can I go to the mall tomorrow? I- it won't take long, it's just to get my phone repaired, I think it's broken," I said nervously, stuttering.

"Of course you can, why do you have to ask me?" My eyes widened at the answer I received. Why is he asking that? Last time, when I didn't ask for permission, he- I felt tears forming in my eyes, I quickly held them back, bringing back my composure so I can make my voice sound normal.

"Oh okay, thank you, bye hyung." I quickly ended the call. This time, I couldn't hold it back anymore. Tears started to flow down my cheeks. Is this what it means? to have a life of one's dream? 'Calm down, Taehyun, maybe he's just in a good mood.' I thought as I wiped my tears away.

I lay down and just when I was about to fall asleep I heard my phone ring. I haven't gotten much sleep lately and am really tired right now. So I'm really annoyed. When I saw that my sister was the one calling me, I got even more annoyed. It's been so long since she called me, why so suddenly? And at the worst time? I reluctantly answered the call. A really loud voice welcomed me.

"YAH, TAEHYUN-AH YOU LOOKED LIKE YOU HAVEN'T SLEPT IN TEN YEARS"

It was then I realized that it was a video call instead of a voice call. My face turns slightly pink as I immediately closed the camera. I heard that same loud voice again.

"YAH, WHY DID YOU CLOSE THE CAMERA?"

"It's because of you, noona. I was just about to sleep when you suddenly call me. What do you want anyway?" I said as i rolled my eyes.

"HEY, that's not how you speak to your noona and what's wrong with me calling my own little brother? Besides, I'm going to your house tomorrow anyway.

"Huh? You're going to my house?" I asked with total confusion in both my face and voice. It's been so long since I even see her. I think the last time I saw her is the day of my wedding with Beomgyu. And tomorrow she's coming to my house?

"Haven't Beomgyu told you that?" I can see confusion in her face, but she still isn't as confused as me.
"Be sure to prepare a big feast for me," she continued, winking.

"I guess he hasn't told me yet. Okay bye noona, hyung is calling me," I said, wanting to quickly end this conversation.

"Okay, send my regards to Beomgyu, byeee"

"Bye" I sighed as I ended the call. My sister? Coming here today? I never felt more unfamiliar with the world I live in. I nervously called Beomgyu hyung again, asking him asking him why didn't he tell me about this. Though, I don't know if he really never told me or if I just don't remember cause I've only been here for less than a day.

+×+

So... of course the answer is with another confused Beomgyu. Well, I guess he did told me. But wait, why did my sister told him first? I decided to shake that off and started cooking dinner. I looked at the clock. 5.30PM. Just half an hour more until I see Beomgyu hyung again. Just yesterday night, I wanted him to dissappear so that I'll never see him again. But now, I'm still curious if he's just in a good mood or is the game true. Just after I put the plates on the table, I heard the door bell ring.

"Taehyun - ah, I'm home"

I heard a familiar voice saying, but with a not - so familiar tone. I went to the door and greeted him.

"Welcome home, hyung."