New Life (4)

Taehyun's POV

A few days after, I finally had the will to finally not be lazy and go to the mall to check up what's wrong with my phone. I think I've already confirmed that I really am at the world of the game now, but I thought a quick check up wouldn't hurt. It's been a few days, but I'm still weirded out from what happened a few days ago.

I was just done showering and was just about to head to bed when something hit my mind. I opened my phone with curiosity. Then there it was, the game that brought me to my dream life. I clicked on it. Then this time, I did not see a blue screen nor did I see black dots, It is again, a question : "Are you sure you want to leave?" Below it there's two buttons (?) which said "Go back" and "Yes"

The scene suddenly went to my mind again as I entered the phone store. I shivered, not only from the cold AC that is in the store, but also the fear that I felt. Somehow, I still can't accept that there is a world in a game. And I'm still curious what would happen to myself in the real world, what would happen to Beomgyu. Would I be gone? If I'm gone, who would be worried? Beomgyu probably wouldn't care, he wanted me to be gone anyways. And... my parents which I haven't seen in months, would they care. The only one I'm certain to be worried about me is my sister. These thoughts keep appearing in my head the few days I've been in this world. I got in and went to the man at the counter.

+×+

I went out the store, a little dissapointed, yet I still find it hard to accept reality. I really am at a world of a game, and once I leave, I can't go back. Do I even want to leave?

I finally got home and I heard a voice said, "Hey Taehyunnie, you're back. Did you already get your phone fixed?" It's been a whole week and I'm still not used to this. "Yeah, they got it fixed in no time," I answered, my voice still coming out nervous. Well, I didn't really get it 'fixed' cause there's nothing wrong with it.

When I asked the man, he said that there was nothing wrong with my phone. I kinda regret telling him about the date which was not showing at the screen. His answer made me even more confused.

"What's a date?"

Like come on, even if this is another world, you should have a date, how can you tell the time? I snatched my phone from the man and quickly searched for the calendar. Even the calendar was gone? And that's how I walk out of the store.

"Hyun - Taehyun, Hello?" I felt a tap on my shoulder. I realized I was zoning out.

"I'm sorry what were you saying?"

"I asked if you would like to hang out at the park this saturday."

"Yeah, sure"

Right now, I'm sitting at the couch with Beomgyu, watching a movie. I figured, both me and him really like watching movies. We watched a movie late at night together for the third time this week. The first time is two days right after I got here. The first time, we watched romance. At the kiss scene, he tried to cuddle me, but I felt really uncomfortable. Although we're married, we barely even touched. I pushed his arm slightly and kept my distance.

The second time, we watched a horror movie. Every time it's a scary scene, I always have the urge to cling on to his arm, but of course, I just closed my eyes and hugs my knees tightly at the corner of the couch.

This time, we're watching a romance movie again. I'm kinda glad it's not another horror movie. I'm starting to get used to this, and doesn't feel awkward at the couch. The movie ends with another kissing scene. Beomgyu tried to held my hand, but the moment we touched, I pushed his hand away. He looked at me, his eyes staring at me like there was something wrong. I didn't intend to do that, my body sometimes just moved on its own out of instincts. I whispered a small 'sorry' and went straight to my room.

+×+

It's 2 am and I still couldn't sleep. Right when I lay down, suddenly, I remember Beomgyu asking me about the 'hang out' at the park. Is he really taking me out on a 'date'? This is my first time in my whole marriage to have a 'date' like this. The thought kept me awake and I feel kinda nervous. Well, today is Thursday, so it's going to be the day after tommorow.

The only time I ever hang out with Beomgyu on our engagement is when both our parents forced us so of course we have to play 'pretend' in front of them. Once we're out of their sight, we didn't let out a single word. We just go to a cafe and do our own thing. Going out with Beomgyu to hang out together without being forced was something new for me. This time, he is the one who asked me?!

+×+

The day I've been waiting(?) for has finally come. Currently, I'm sitting at a table at the park Beomgyu mentioned before. So far, it's been five minutes, and not a single word is said. Whenever I tried to strike up a conversation, I always got nervous and my mouth somehow got locked. Finally I heard him said something.

"Are you that uncomfortable to be sitting at a park with me? You've been fidgeting and playing with your shirt ever since we got here."

"Ah-I'm not uncomfortable, I'm just ner-"

Then, I heard him asked a question I would have never expected. His eyes started to tear up a bit.

"Yah, Taehyun-ah, did I do something wrong?"

(A/N : Hey guys, I'm taking a break from writing cause of school's tests 😔😞 see you in two weeks!!)