Part 11 - The coastal mission

Neon : Ah.

Anis : Rapi!

Rapi : Commander! Get behind me! Shifty! Watch my back!

Marian : I will protect you Commander!

Lowell : Ugh?! There's Raptures here?

Neon : ... Did I say something wrong?

Anis : Didn't you see the Raptures?

Neon : No, I didn't.

Anis : Let's get this straight, Neon. There's a unwritten rule that any Nikke who come up to the surface must follow. You don't blurt things out indiscriminately. Got it?

Neon : I-I understand. Is this ok?

Anis : Sure.

Lowell : To be honest, Neon didn't say she saw some Raptures. Otherwise, she will say where the Raptures are.

Anis : Hey, we must always be on guard here.

Rapi : What was that all about?

Neon : I just came up with something. If the current running throught the tracks is the problem, then why doesn't the Commander wear rubber boots?

Rapi : ...

Shifty : ...

Anis : ...

A long silence falls on the squad. 

Anis : ... Not bad, huh?

Shifty : Not bad?! Do you realize how many volts are runnig through those tracks? A human would be burnt to a crisp if they touched it!

Shifty suddenly went silent as she ponders about the solution.

Shifty : ... What I mean is, it's impratical.

Anis : Didn't you have more to say?

Neon : I feel like this can work. Commander...

Lowell : Sounds like a plan but we don't have rubber boots.

Shifty : I don't like this one bit.

Rapi : ...

We fight against some waves of Raptures as we follow the road towards the building to cut the powers. While I was walking, i tried to find some rubber to make rubber boots but unfortunately i didn't find any. So now we arrived and enter the building, we make our way in the control room.

Shifty : We've arrived at the control room. Preparing to cut power.

Rapi : Commander, give me the CombiLink.

Lowell : What is that?

Shifty : Um... it's a device used to remotely control all sorts of machinery up on the surface. You see that little protrusion on your mobile? Pull that out. There will be a line attached to it.

I pull out this part of my phone and a line appears, that's convenient if i need to get something from a device even it's not as advanced as Azure or my own phone.

Shifty : Yes, that's it. Now plug it into the port of the machine you want to control.

Lowell : ... Where is the port?

Rapi : ... Commander, in here.

Anis : Are you serious? How can you not find it?

Lowell : Hey, give me some time, that's the first time i'm using it.

*Soon after*

Shifty : The power has been shut off. You can take the line straight into the city now.

Rapi : Let's go.