42

After they had walked a long distance Wei Wuxian realised he had forgotten the pot he bought for his own sister. While he went back to the café to get it Wen Ning waited for him. Wen Ning wanted to go back with Wei Wuxian, but it would be quicker is Wei Wuxian went himself without holding onto his bags.

He put the plastic bags between his legs and leaned against the wall. He pulled his phone out from his pocket to see if his sister had texted him and luckily she didn't. After a while of scrolling around on the internet he could hear footsteps, but he didn't pay no mind. It could be just a stranger for all he knew, so he minded his own business. But when the footsteps came closer to him he thought that it was Wei Wuxian, he raised his head to great him with a smile. But he was met with a fist on his face. He fell on the ground and he tried to get up, but those plastic bags were in the way. He kicked them out of his way, but the man that attacked him took that as an opportunity and pushed him against the ground while cuffing his hands together. Wen Ning let out a confused sound, "Sir w- what are you doin-?" But before he could finish his sentence a sack was pulled over his head and two people picked him up. Wen Ning tried to wiggle himself out of their hands as he yelled out for help. But there was nobody there, nobody to look out for him, nobody to take care of him. When he heard a car door open he started to panic more and he called out for Wei Wuxian. "W- Wei Gege! Please I'm scared. Gege!" But all he could hear was himself being thrown into the van and the door close. He sat and pushed himself closer to the door so he could try to kick the door open. He lost his balance when the vehicle started to move, he fell onto his side and he just silently laid there trying not to cry.

The car ride towards the Lan estate was everything but relaxing. Wei Wuxian just kept fidgeting in the back of the car. Lan Xichen who decided to drive for safety reasons felt even awkward to breath and Lan Wangji was just zoning out which was helping nobody in this situation. Wei Wuxian looked at the side mirror of the car and saw Lan Wangji's blank face. Agrh, wat is he even thinking right now, he wondered to himself.

When they finally arrived Lan Xichen got out the car and took in the well-deserved fresh air. Wei Wuxian and his younger brother took their time getting out of the car. And when they finally did Lan Xichen quickly locked the car, "Next time leave me out of your drama. I'm going to bed," and he left. "Goodnight Gege," Lan Wangji said before his brother left his sight. Wei Wuxian looked at him with his big wondering eyes and Lan Wangji looked away while his ears turned red, "Let's go," he said as he made his way up to his house.

As they went inside Lan Wangji's house Wei Wuxian suddenly felt a wave of tiredness come over him. He actually wanted to go home and rest after hearing about his past, but he just kept thinking about what Wen Ning told him about Lan Wangji and him. Were they really dating in the past? Why did we break up? Did we even break up? He let out a big sigh.

Lan Wangji held his arm and slightly lowered himself. "Wei Y- Wuxian?" He got pulled out of his thought and looked at Lan Wangji, "Sorry, I was thinking about something." Lan Wangji stood up straight and his eyes fell onto the pot he was holding. Wei followed his eyes down and proudly held his pot next to his face. "It's for my Shi-Jie, you like it?" He shyly laughed. Why did he feel even more uncomfortable now? He lowered the pot as Lan Wangji nodded and headed towards the Livingroom. Wei Wuxian took of his shoes and silently followed him, for some reason he couldn't get his eyes of him. I guess many girls would call him a real beauty.

For a while the two of them sat quietly on the couch. Since Wei Wuxian wasn't saying anything it was up to Lan Wangji to start a conversation, "...Why did you come?" He asked while looking at anything but Wei Wuxian. But after a few seconds of no answer he turned his head and caught him staring. Wei Wuxian let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding and turned red, "S- sorry I wasn't listening," he said while turning his face the other way. "Why did he come?" He asked as he ears turned red. "Ow, well you know...," Wei Wuxian said. But in a matter of fact he did not know.

Lan Wangji got up from the couch and walked away. Wei Wuxian took this moment to collect his thoughts and think of what to say. Did he just want to see him because? Or did he want to ask him about his past? Did he miss him? What was there to miss!

He put down the pot on the ground and tightly hugged a pillow to hide his blushing face. With every breath he inhaled he could smell Lan Wangji's scent and it calmed him down for some weird reason.

When Lan Wangji came back with a tray of tea, he saw Wei Wuxian curled up into a ball on one side of the couch, he just sat next to him and poked his arm. "Wei Ying?" Wei Wuxian let out a tired sound. "I brought tea," Lan Wangji calmly said. Wei Wuxian lifted his head just enough to see the teapot. Lan Wangji took this as a sign to pour out some tea for him.

"Why do you call me Wei Ying?" Wei Wuxian asked with a muffled voice. Even though his mouth was still pressed up against the pillow Lan Wangji could clearly hear what he asked. He finished pouring the tea and handed it to Wei Wuxian, "Does it really matter?" But Wei Wuxian didn't take the cup, "It does to me." He looked at him with his big eyes.

Lan Wangji looked at him with longing in his eyes, there was so much to tell him but would he even remember it?

"Do you miss him?" Wei Wuxian suddenly asked. It caught Lan Wangji of guard and he asked, "Miss who?" Wei Wuxian once again hid his face behind the pillow, "Your Wei Ying?"