23

"Seriously, why did I choose this course?" I heard Ryujin sighed as we were done with our 3-hour lecture.

"Well, we all expected it would be basic shit," Yujin chuckled. Yeah, I thought too it will be basic shit. I mean, when you're already working, you're just going to press some buttons and do a little math to compute how much radiation you're going to give the patient. But when you're studying to get the damn job? Good luck living.

"But the pay is high," Giselle said. It depends on the country, actually. But Korea really has a high salary, so it's fine.

"Every medical field course is like this." I sighed. "Technically, it's like you sold your soul to the devil."

"Agree" Ryujin sneered.

We all walked to the cafeteria and took our lunch since we were too lazy to go outside. I can't even get in contact with Karina since she's busy doing her president duties. I just wish I could kidnap you here and spend our time together.

"Please don't daydream in front of us; it's disgusting," Ryujin scoffed.

"Oh, shut up."

My eyes lit up as I saw a familiar figure enter the cafeteria, but I quickly frowned when I saw her with someone—maybe it's just a classmate or another member of the student council. But she's laughing with him the way she laughs with me. Gosh, why am I acting up?

"I sense someone's jealous," Yujin snickered as I just rolled my eyes at her. Me? Jealous? I'm more handsome than that guy; why would I be jealous?

"I mean, right now, she has every right to be jealous, if she really is." Aeri chuckled. "She's courting the Jimin Yoo."

I'm already lucky enough that she likes me, and I'm courting her. Gosh, I know she likes me, but... I still can't help but feel jealous. "Just eat." I sighed as I continued eating, and I felt my phone vibrate, but I didn't check it since I was busy with my own thoughts.

I saw her grab lunch with that guy. Really? She has time to get lunch with him, but not with me? This is pissing me off. "Where are you going?" Ryujin asked, well, I just suddenly stood up and grabbed my bag. 

"To the library." I said as I left, and I didn't pay attention to my friends calling me. I really just need to clear my mind right now.

I arrived at the library and went to my usual place. I put my air pods on and just drowned myself in music. I don't know why I acted like that; I don't know why I was pissed about that. I mean, she could hang out with whoever she wants; I'm not controlling her life, and I'll never do that. It's just... I'm upset that she has time for others while not for me. I mean, that's not her. Like you know, it is not a requirement or a must-do thing to be with me always. But I can't do anything about how I feel. I can't just remove it.

I was so occupied with my own thoughts that I didn't notice a presence in front of me. And speaking of the devil, it's her. I removed my air pods and placed them on the table, and I just looked at her with a blank expression.

"What happened, Minjeong-ah? You just left the cafeteria like that," she asked.

She saw that?

"Nothing; I felt like going to the library," I said.

"Minjeong, your friends are worried about you. You just walked away like that."

"Jimin, it's nothing. I just don't have the appetite to eat." Well yeah, of course I don't have the appetite to eat when I'm clearly acting like an immature brat here who's jealous.

"And why is that?"

"It's nothing."

"You never called me by that name of mine." she said. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No, I swear it's nothing." she's so stubborn.

"Minjeong." she said, her voice stern. Oh boy, don't pull that card on me you know I'll flip upside down and just tell you I'm jealous and shit. 

"Hmm?"

"I swear if you're lying to me, I'll beat the shit out of you here in the library and I don't care if we'll go the guidance."

I gulped. I never saw her this serious to me. "I'm not lying, it's completely fine and I'm just being immature."

"Care to elaborate?"

"It's embarrassing."

"Just tell me, Minjeong."

"I... I was jealous, okay?" I finally said as I looked away. I swear, if she just laughed at me, I'd bury myself.

But she held my hand, and that made me look at her. "That's not immature, Minjeong," she said. Her voice was soft, and it completely melted my heart. God, the effect she has on me is crazy. "You were jealous with Yeonjun?" she asked, and I nodded, and she just smiled at me. "I was discussing the funds with him since there will be another event coming soon for the whole university."

"You don't have to explain, Karina."

"I have to; if I don't, it means I don't care about you and your feelings," she said. "And I don't want my Minjeong to overthink." Why does she have to say that? Gosh, now I look like a blushing idiot. "I only had lunch with him since the discussion is really long. Don't think that I don't have time with you, hmm?"

I have no words to say. I am completely embarrassed right now.

She lifted my hand as she placed my knuckles on her soft lips. She kissed my knuckle, and that really made me feel like an idiot who looks like a tomato right now. "You're the only one I want, Minjeong, and that won't change," she said. Why did our roles kind of reverse? It's like she's courting me. Gosh, keep yourself together, Winter.

"Thank you," I said. "For reassuring me,"

"Anything for you."

"Are you free later after class? I'll treat you," I said. I have to court her properly and act properly.

"Sure," she smiled.

I'm really in love with this girl.