4

It's really gotten busy at the university since there's only a day left before the sports festival, and I'm here just chilling in the library, trying to watch videos about chess. I heard Karina is known for her aggressive moves, and the opponents can't help but feel pressure and just admit defeat. I'm not going to let her do that to me.

"Is the library your favorite place to go?" I heard someone behind me, and I looked at who the person was, and it was Minju. These days, Minju is really hanging out with me, which really surprises me since she's from the pharma department and their department is really far away from ours—not that far away, but aish, it's just really far away from us.

"Yeah," I replied as she sat down beside me. "It's really quiet, and I like it that way," I said, and I really hate my luck these days because Karina is really hanging out in this library. Always. I heard that the student council has their own library; then why the hell is she in this library?

"Word got out that Karina is really keeping an eye on you. Everyone is curious about why you transferred in the middle of the first semester," Minju said. "And according to the rumors, only Karina knows the reason why."

That... wicked woman. I fucking hate her so much.

"It's just personal reasons," I said. "And she's really affected by it for some reason, and it really pisses me off."

Minju just let out a low chuckle as she looked at me and smiled. "You're really cute when you're frustrated or upset. No wonder you really have a lot of fan girls."

Her words caught me off guard since it's the first time that someone has called me cute. I always hear I'm handsome, which is really true. But, cute? It's the first time I've received that compliment. I didn't even notice that my face was getting hot.

"Thank you." I just keep myself cool.

"Too bad, I can't accompany you for too long," Minju said as she stood up. "I remembered I have some class duties to do. See you tomorrow, Winter. Good luck in the competition." She smiled at me as she left.

Great, now I'm all alone with Karina, who is really staring at me. Seriously, what the fuck is her problem? 

I took my eyes away from her, and I saw in my peripheral vision that she stood up and was walking towards... me? Why is she walking towards here? Damn it, go away!

I saw her stand up in front of me, but I'm not paying her attention as my eyes are focused on my phone, watching videos of chess gameplay. I heard her feign a cough, but I ignored it, and she finally called me. "Kim Minjeong," she said.

I felt shivers down my spine as I heard her say my name. Something... Something doesn't feel right. I have problems with others when they call me by that name, but when she said it, I didn't mind it at all. What the fuck?

I finally looked at her, clearly uninterested in whatever business she had with me. "Are you friends with Minju?" she asked. I found it weird when she asked that.

"Yes, why? Am I not also allowed to have friends?" I scoffed.

"That's not my point," Karina said. "You really don't know a thing, do you? Don't your friends tell you what Minju is like?" she asked. I looked at her with my brows furrowed. I was really confused about what her point was.

"She's known for causing troubles, and her new toy is definitely you," she said. "She uses other people to get what she wants."

"So?"

"What do you mean, 'so''?" she asked. "You have to distance yourself from her if you don't want to be involved in some mess; knowing you, you really have insane anger issues."