CHAPTER 34

ROSE'S POV

I was done with all the shopping for Liyah's wedding and laid down on the sofa watching a movie only for Liyah to come in, in a shitty state.

"Rose" she came crying to me.

"What happened?" she only cried more, her voice filling up the room.

"Liyah, does Maa know that you're here?" I asked, she shook her head.

"You know that you're not allowed to go out" I said, hugging her.

"You could have called me"

"Rose" she whispered.

"Calm down first" I said, pouring water for her, she denied.

"Rose, it's Amir" she said as I looked at her confused.

"Amir, who?" I asked.

"Amir, my ex" she reminded me.

"What?" I asked shocked.

"What about him now, do you still love him?" I asked, sitting down next to her.

"NO!" she yelled disgusted.

"Then what happened?" I asked, confused.

"I know I should have told you earlier but we..." she was stuck with words or did not know how to tell me, she started playing with her fingers nervously.

"You what?" I asked, waiting for her to continue her unfinished sentence.

"When we used to date, we kissed" she said, leaving me shocked, I have never been this shocked in my life.

"Subhanallah, Liyah are you serious right now?" I barked out.

"I'm sorry" she whispered.

"Don't be sorry to me, be sorry for yourself, what are you going to say on the day of judgment?" I told her unbelieving.

"I repent okay" she yelled.

"Okay, okay, calm down" I moved besides her.

"What happened that you had to tell me now about it and that too running away, when your wedding is in the coming three weeks" I asked her in a low tone.

"He made a video of that" she said as I looked at her unconvinced, I hated him, but he stooped so low.

"He wants money otherwise it will be public" she added.

"Are you kidding me right now?" I asked her, hoping this all was a lie.

"Yarabbi" putting my hands in my face, shivering even though it's hot.

"How much" I asked her after some time.

"$500k" she replied as my eyes balled up in disbelief, hoping that she was lying.

"What?" I shouted, standing up, she only looked at me like a little baby.

"Does he think that we own a bank or something?" I asked.

"We need time to get all that money, did he give you a deadline?" I said after pacing around the room for about ten whole minutes.

"One week" she replied, making me more nervous.

"Yarabbi" I said, pacing around again.

"This is what happens when you commit a sin, punishment starts in the duniya itself" I murmured, not stopping my pace.

"It's not helping" she shouted.

"I'm sorry, come here" I apologized, standing her up.

"Calm down first" I tried assuring her.