Chapter 12: Parental Conflict

After the plane had landed, Adam gently shook the younger male who was still curled up against him sleeping, to wake him up. They pulled their luggage bags from the overhead compartments and slowly exited the plane. They went through security, getting their bags re-checked and waiting for their suitcases to come off the plane. They sat on their luggage and waited for their bags to come through the conveyor belt. After half an hour both men had their bags and went outside the airport to get a taxi to the Premier Inn they were staying at. 

"You on holiday?" The driver asked, making conversation. 

"Yes, we are. We're here for a week." Adam answered. 

"Nice. Got any plans then?" 

"Not really. Just chilling and sightseeing." He responded to the driver. After they got there, Betelgeuse paid, and they went to the front desk to check in. They were handed their key and they walked up the stairs to their room to freshen up and get changed. Betelgeuse sat on the bed, clearly a nervous wreck about the whole event and seeing his mother once again. Adam could see his internal struggle and sat next to him, wrapping his arm around his shoulder and resting his head on his shoulder. Betelgeuse sniffled and placed his hand on Adam's arm to keep it there whilst he cried. "That's it. Cry it all out." Adam mumbled in an attempt to console his fiancé. 

"I'll be okay, Ad. I'll be okay." Betelgeuse reassured but it was clearly false. If his hair was a mood ring, it would be the deepest shade of whatever colour indicated sadness and anxiety, most likely purple and gold Adam guessed. 

"This will help, I promise." Adam kissed his temple a few times and just held him until he calmed down. "We don't have to do this today. That was quite an anxiety attack you had up there. Why don't we have a mental health day for you today?" He suggested and Betelgeuse didn't have to think twice to be on board with this plan. They got in the bed together, holding each other close to engulf each other in a hug. Even though Adam was 5ft 7 and Betelgeuse was 5ft 6, he still managed to completely engulf Betelgeuse in a tight hold, so he was fully covered by Adam. Betelgeuse preferred to cuddle like this as he felt Adam was his security blanket and make him feel safe and protected every time he was in his arms. The heat that radiated from Adam provided another layer of comfort like a thick weighted blanket for the younger male who didn't realise that Adam got the same feeling of amenity from holding Betelgeuse. It made sense for them to be together since Betelgeuse was a big hugaholic and Adam was a cuddly person. "You feel better now?" Adam asked after being like that for three quarters of an hour. 

"Yeah. I liked that." Betelgeuse smiled and blushed slightly. 

"You're a little cutie, aren't you?" Adam smiled at Betelgeuse's face reddening more. 

"I don't know what's scarier. Your constant attempts to make me flustered, or the fact it works every time." He rolled his eyes. 

"Probably both." Adam chuckled and managed to tighten his grip on him. "You, okay?" He asked sweetly and Betelgeuse nodded his head with a contented sigh. 

"I love you." The latter muttered and Adam kissed him. 

"You don't have to keep telling me that to get me to say it back. You know I love you, right Bug?" He asked. 

"Sometimes I just like to hear it." Betelgeuse shrugged. 

"You still don't have to say it. If you wanna feel my love, just say and I'll show you how much I love you!" Adam smiled and Betelgeuse agreed. "Let's practice now." 

"Okay. Babe?" 

"Yes, Bug?" 

"Can I have some love please?"