Chapter One

"Anthea, are you sure you wanna do this?" Chloe asked with a worried look.

"Are you kidding me?... It's now or never" Anthea turned to the blonde female who she had known her whole life. Chloe a blonde, blue eyed female or technically were-female as they were officially known, stood beside Anthea once again with a worried look. Just like any other day, Anthea was a daring princess, she was a were for heavens sake, so none of the things she did was surprising. 

"Ok wait. Lets just count to-..." ~splash~

As Chloe looked down in disbelief, her best friend had just jumped off the cliff.

"Anthea!... Anthea.. Anthea, I'm gonna kill-" Chloe started before she was cut off by a loud laugh bursting out from down below.

"Your turn Chlo!" Anthea shouted back before Chloe jumped in after her bestfriend. As Chloe resurfaced she gave Anthea a hard glare. "Don't you ever give me a heart attack! We didn't tell anyone we were coming out here, if something had happened to you I-" Chloe stated before getting cut off by Anthea yet again. "Chill Chloe, you worry too much" Anthea splashed water at her best friend.

"I have reason to trust me" Chloe grumbled as she splashed water back at Anthea, while they stared at the bright moon lit above them. "Tomorrow your parents are coming back, do you miss them?" Chloe asked as she played with the reflection of the moon on the surface of the ocean water. "Sure.. I guess, I mean I am used to them always leaving so, it's like meh-" Anthea shrugged not knowing how exactly how to feel. 

Anthea was the second child, the only daughter of the King and Queen of the werewolves, their first child being her brother Jonathan. As the King and Queen, they traveled a lot to visit packs all around the world, it was not a new thing for Anthea to be apart from her parents for months then having them return again before yet leaving again for another few more months. 

"I guess I wouldn't know how I'd feel either considering the fact my parents are always around even when I don't need them to be" Chloe grumbled, thinking back to how they had to sneak out of kingdom territory just to come out to the seaside.

"Trust me, I would do anything to have that" Anthea stated back.

"You know sometimes-" Chloe started to form a sentence when Anthea cut her off.

"Shhhhh..." Anthea had high senses and could hear movement from the beach. "What is it?" Chloe whispered as she worriedly looked at Anthea. Anthea turned her gaze to the beach and growled before a figure popped onto the beach out of nowhere, staring right at Anthea. At this Chloe growled at the figure, while Anthea watched the figure. Anthea could feel a pull towards the figure before she heard growling from behind the bushes on the beach before the figure disappeared into the darkness.

From where the dark figure stood appeared a wolf, the wolf howled at the girls that were in the ocean signaling for them to come to shore. "Well, that was fun, at least while it lasted" Chloe stated. "Come on" Anthea said, as she swam to shore.

It was Derrick, the King's right hand man and well Chloe's father. He bowed to Anthea and growled at Chloe. "I'm sorry Derrick, it's not Chloe's fault, I forced her to come" Anthea told the grey wolf still obviously scowling at his daughter. He bent down offering them a ride, once they got on he ran into the inner part of the beach. It would take him about 30 minutes to run through the woods before reaching the werewolf Kingdom territory but it would take an hour even by car, due to the speed bestowed to werewolves by the moon Goddess, they make it to their destination by half the time.

It was dark but with the light shinning from the moon above everything was so clear, the green of the leaves, the brown trunks of the tree, the grey-ish blue stones lying on the ground. The owl hooting in the darkness, this was why Anthea loved going out at night, there was just something about the night that seemed more peaceful to her compared to the day.

As they came closer to the territory, two wolves appeared from behind the trees. Derrick howled at them and they howled back in response and understanding, they escorted us back onto our territory. Once Derrick reached the front of our house he lay down to help us get off, once we were off he went behind the tree beside our house and walked back out with a pair of jeans still trying to put on his shirt. 

"I'm sorry Daddy, I-" "grrrrrrrrrr" Derrick cut off his daughter, she understood and kept her head hanging low as they all entered the house. 

Anthea's P.O.V

As we entered, Jonathan stood at the bottom of the stairs as if he was waiting for our arrival. My brother was the most sort after in the Kingdom. Every were-female I knew had a thing for him even my best friend, I wasn't gonna lie, I could see a bit of what many of the ladies were after. Besides the fact he had grey eyes which was a trait we both shared, he had dark brown hair, he kept his hair short always but long enough to run his fingers through them. He had a well defined jaw line and was quite tall which went with his build, muscles could be seen through his shirt, when I say my brother loved to work out, JONATHAN LOVED TO WORK OUT! even though as werewolves we didn't need to, we were naturally blessed with great physique. I had similar features to my brother, as I  said grey eyes we inherited from our royal blood line, every royal member born from our blood line had grey eyes. This trait was not inherited and could not be inherited by anyone else who did not belong to the royal werewolf family, it was just a thing. I have grey eyes but I also had a speck of gold we still don't know where I inherited from. I had long dark brown hair as well but with a streak of blonde I also don't know came from where, my hair reached just above my butt. 

Jonathan stood with an expressionless face, hands by his side in fists, he looked deep in thought. "Jonathan?" I called out to him as I moved closer. Derrick just gave a slight nod towards Jonathan before standing beside him with also the same facial expression. "Jonathan" I tried again hoping to get him out of his trail of thoughts. But still no response, I reached out and grabbed his fist while trying once more. "Jonathan" I called out, I've never seen him this still, I knew for a fact something was bothering him and whatever it was, was huge because anyone who knew Jonathan knew he wasn't fazed easily. Jonathan snapped out of his thoughts and looked down at me as he towered above me, emotions swirled through his eyes, sadness, anger and some other I couldn't define. 

"Jonathan, what is it?" I asked trying to keep myself calm without going into panic mode. Jonathan clenched his teeth as he answered, telling me something I never imagined I would hear from him. 

"The- They- They're gone" he finally let out. "Who's gone?" I asked hoping what I was thinking of was not true. "Mom and Dad were killed on their way back" Jonathan stated trying to hide the emotions trying to surface. "No" I cried out as I dropped to the ground beneath me. "Tell me it's not true Jonathan, tell me it's not true!" I cried out in deep sadness. "I'm sorry Anthea" Jonathan tried to pull me up to comfort me, I could feel Chloe coming towards me from behind. I turned around and ran out the door, shifting into my white furred wolf before sprinting into the forest. I ran and ran, I could feel wolves trying to run after me but I just increased my speed even more, I heard my name being called but that didn't stop me, I just wanted to escape the pain, the sadness. Maybe this was all a dream, I kept thinking, I heard Jonathan calling me in the mind-link, which I just turned off. As I continued running, I came up to this huge rock that stood before this beautiful lake that I had never seen before, I stood above it and howled with great sadness before I felt my eye lids shut close.