Chapter Five

Jonathan's P.O.V

"What is it Tristan?" I ask as I walked towards him in a clearing located about east of our territory, something smelt very awful and I wanted to know what it was. "It's.." Tristan started then closed his mouth again. I saw him open the man's mouth. "It's a.." Tristan looked confused. "What is it?" I asked again in annoyance. "It's a vampire" he replied, still sounding unsure. "Did you just say vampire?" I asked for confirmation. "Yes."

I left the house as soon as Anthea walked in, I was told to come out and check on the body found just 5 meters away from our Kingdom's territory. Why is this important if it wasn't found inside our territory you may ask, it's important as it might give up clues to what happened to my parents. "How the fuck did a vampire get this close to our territory?" I asked astonished. "By the looks of it he was killed and dumped here on purpose" Tristan replied. The investigator was lost in thought as he examined the vamps wounds. "Your majesty, I have come to a conclusion, the same creature that killed your parents killed this vampire" the investigator stated. "grrrrr" I growled, this was not funny, whatever the situation is, one thing was for sure this creature was after us and it was getting closer. 

Anthea's P.O.V

I walked down the stairs to find Chloe lounging on the couch with her eyes shut. I walked quitely, as quiet as possible hoping she couldn't hear me, when I say I tiptoed, I tiptoed. I snuck up behind her before counting down in my head. 3.2.1. 

"Chloeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" I shouted, she shot up like she was participating in a fire drill. "I'm up, I'm up" She shouted back. I stood there watching her give out a loud yawn before bursting out in laughter. "Hahahahaha." I held onto my stomach as I bent down in laughter. "What's funny?" Chloe shot me a glare in frustration, she did look tired but it was her idea for us to go out today. 

Our Kingdom was not that big, yet not too small either. We had shops along the center where we could do our shopping for basically anything we needed, basics such as food, clothes and anything any other town would have. 

"Let's go" Chloe stated as we both exited the house. Jonathan wasn't back and Tristan was no where in sight which was great, it meant they were both together and couldn't bother us any time soon, hopefully. Everyone in the kingdom walked or ran around, there was no need to drive around even though we did have cars. Today, Chloe and I decided to take the long way and just walk, which gave us more time to talk. 

"So.. how was your day?" I asked Chloe, as I pulled a flower from the plant I just passed. "It was fine, the usual that is, plus an extra lecture from mum before coming to you" Chloe grumbles, most likely from revisiting her mother's lecture. "What was it this time?" I giggled, knowing fully well that she hated talking about her mother's lectures. "This morning was about preparing for my mate" Chloe facepalmed as she stopped and turned to me. 

I cracked up in laughter as I couldn't hold it i through my giggling. "What do you have to prepare?" I asked amused. "The mating phase.. urghhhh! That woman will be the death of me" she whispered the first three words before she said the rest. I laughed even louder, Tristan and Chloe's mum always came up with random lectures to just basically lecture Chloe, this was usually my daily laughter medicine and I enjoyed every topic. 

"I swear I'm gonna move out soon" Chloe threatened. "And where exactly would you go?" I asked back, as I pulled out petals from the flower I picked earlier. "Where else? duhhh" Chloe wiggled her eyes indicating she would move in with Jonathan and I, I just burst out in laughter even more imagining Tristan dragging his sister back to their house. "You're hilarious Chloe, you really are."

***

Unknown P.O.V

Sundown came quickly, I ran through the woods already familiar with this place. I could sense her and I wanted her badly. As I came closer to the werewolf Kingdom territory, I climbed the first tree I was closest to. As I watched the werewolves change shift, like they always do at the exact time, I jumped towards the next tree, with my speed I quietly passed from tree to tree till I reached the edge of the werewolf town. There I saw her again, my intended, my promised mate. In all her beauty, she stood beside a blond female I did not recognize. They walked back into the woods, to I'm assuming her home. I followed quietly two trees behind them, of course from above that is. 

The werewolf guards here were good just not excellent in their jobs, I had been onto this territory a few times and they still weren't able to catch me. This probably is thanks to my age and experience considering I am the oldest Vampire alive. I have lived for many centuries, so I knew how to get around skillfully. I watched as she said her goodbyes and hugged the blonde girl before she went into her house. 

You will be mine soon my love. All mine, and nothing will ever be able to tear us apart. 

As soon as she shut the door close, I turned and left again. Ever since the first night I saw her, I had been coming to watch her every evening. These wolves are oblivious to the outside world. There is a war brewing, led by the humans and a handful of "supes" which is what we call us non human beings. This group has been attacking other super groups and creatures, trying to take over territories. They've tried to take over my area twice but have failed, I come to watch my intended to make sure that she is safe, for if anything were to happen to her I wouldn't be able to forgive myself. I did wait centuries for her, and I won't let her go now.