"Fly high, mother."

(I forgot to tell you, your name is Angel in this story. I wanted something unique.)
____________________________________

It was Friday, 17th November, the day of my mother's funeral.

My dad (Stephen), my sister (Shelly), and I attended the funeral at 10AM on a Friday.

As we stepped out of the car, I saw men dressed in black suits carry my mother's coffen.

"Angel, you'll have to do a little speech when we have the funeral." He dad informed me

My dad sighed when I didn't respond to him, "Angel, please, do the speech." My dad said as if he could read my expression, and if so, he could definitely tell that I didn't want to speak in front of so many people I don't know very well.

(Time skip to when Angel has to do the speech)

"And now Chantelle's eldest daughter will do a speech." One of the people told me.

I stood up and looked down at the piece of paper that I held in my hands, I began to speak,

"Fly high, mother. You'll always be in my heart and never forgotten. You are loved by myself and others. I love you, and I know you'll guide me through my tough times and darkest moments. You were there for me, and now, I wish I could be with you more than ever."

I heard everyone clap for me as I sat back down. I sat next to my dad, and he patted my back to show me that I did a good job.

After a while of listening to other people's short speeches, my phone vibrated through my jeans. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket to see who had texted me. It was my best friend, Tom.

"Hey Angel, I'm really sorry about what happened with your mother." He had texted

"You have nothing to apologise for, Tom, don't worry about it." I messeged back

We texted back and forth for a while, Tom checked up on me after and made sure I was ok, like a best friend would do!
____________________________________

This is my first book ever, and I haven't used wattpad that much!