A new angle

I basically locked myself in my room most of the time since I was grounded, but today, I wasn't grounded anymore.

I ran downstairs and turned to television on, to put on the news.

"Today marks the 8th year of Chantelle Clover's death. 8 years ago, Chantelle Clover was murdered, and no one knows who the murderer is yet, but what the police did find out is that the person who killed Chantelle Clover did look like Gemma Collins."

Gemma Collins, that was my best friend from 8th grade like I'd said before, the one who I saw in my dream.

I stood up and turned the television off, I'm pretty sure I still had Gemma's number.

I ran to my room and picked up my phone, where I quickly dialled Gemma's number into my phone.

Ring, ring, ring.

She thankfully picked up, "Angel?" She asked, I rolled my eyes, not even a hi or something.

"Yes, that's my name. Anyway, have you seen the news?" I asked.

"Yeah, I have."

"Why does the murderer look like you but also looks like Natalie?"

"What? I don't know, don't ask me. I have nothing to do with your mother." She admitted.

"Huh," I scoffed, "Never mind." I hung up.

Who else could it be, I knew it wasn't Tom, Natalie, Bill, or Gemma. It definitely wasn't Bill. I chuckled at the thought, but Bill's too innocent.

I put my phone on my desk and decided to get dressed.

I put on a pair of Miss Me jeans with a square neck, brown long sleeve shirt.

I speed walked to mirror only to see what I looked like in the outfit I was wearing.

(I always do this even tho it ruins my confidence most of the time 🤗)

(Time skip cause I'm lazy)

I walked to the park with Shelly, I was wearing my air pods listening to music.

Tightrope by Illy was playing on my Spotify playlist.

I was singing along with the lyrics when, of course, my sister, Shelly, had to comment on my singing, "Shut the fuck up, Angel. You sound like a dying elephant." She then mimicked my singing, I just rolled my eyes at her.

Tightrope by Illy ended, and the next song started playing, Alien Blues by Vundabar. Shelly knew and liked this song, so I handed her an air pod which she took and placed it in her ear.

Both Shelly and I stopped by the swings with one of my air pods in each of our ears. I sat myself down on a swing, and Shelly sat on the swing next to me.

"My teeth are yellow, hello, world..."

The song continued, and we were both silently listening to the song.

I was enjoying the song until someone placed their hands on my shoulders, which made me flinch, and I turned around quickly.

It was Tom, and he was smiling.

"Angel, come with me." He whispered to me.

I nodded my head in response and grabbed my air pod out of Shelly's ear.

"I'm going with Tom." I said to Shelly.

Shelly sighed and started to swing herself on the swing she was sitting on.

I stood up, and Tom grabbed my hand, leading me to the oval.

We both sat on the grass, and I turned my music off, turning to face Tom.

"Did you hear the news?" He then asked.

"Yes," I said, "I did."

"So we know what the murderer kind of looks like, maybe it is Gem -"

I cut him off, "it isn't," I said, starting to get defensive, "I've already talked to her."

"Oh, ok, well, I have no idea who else it could be," he said.

"Neither."

Tom looked as if he wanted to say something but didn't.

"Alright," I said as I stood up.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"I don't know," I shrugged, "going back to Shelly, I guess."

"Oh," he frowned.

I nodded and walked back to Shelly.

I don't really know what was up with me, but I was kind of in a bad mood.

I hated it quite a lot when someone randomly brought my mother up in a conversation. It's like someone constantly brings up my worst day and reminds me about it all the time.
____________________________________

Last night I was listening to music while I was half asleep and an ad started playing so I reached out to grab my phone but I swear it dropped so I tried to find my phone for about 20 minutes only to realise it was in my hand and I using the torch on my phone.