One Call Away

Minho sat on the couch, Felix head in his lap.

After the small fight the mood had been pretty bad, Jisung had left together with Chan and Changbin with them only quickly waving goodbye and soon after Jeongin and Hyunjin had also left.

Seungmin sat on the armchair in the corner of the room, the one Minho had insisted on getting for "reading". Mostly they scrolled through Tiktok hours on end, but sometimes Minho stole a book from Hyunjin and read it on there. And then Felix took it and did the same.

Minho carded his fingers through Felix blonde strands, both of their eyes closed.

"Do you think this with Jisung will work?" Seungmin asked, breaking the silence.

"Do you doubt it?" Felix cracked an eye open.

"One of the first things I asked Ji was if he was only thinking with his dick." Minho chuckled.

"Fair."

"He literally looked at me as if I had insulted his mother. Apparently he thinks the feelings have been around for longer, he was really jealous of Jeongin but didn't know why. So the conclusion is that he wanted me, my mind has a hard time believing it though."

Seungmins chair creaked from him leaning back further. "Honestly i've only teased you about him because I thought this would happen. Call me fortune teller and bow down."

Minhos face turned. "I will not bow you asshole keep your weird kinks to yourself."

Felix gasped, ears turning red. "MINHO."

Meanwhile Seungmin and Minho bent over laughing.

"You know what, as an apology, y'all need to do masks with me. I got the cutest sheet masks in the shop around the corner yesterday, wait." Felix got up and 5 minutes later, totally not because nobody could say no to Felix, they sat in front of the tv with sheet masks that looked like animals on.

---

Jisung dragged Hyunjin over to the couch, the gloomy mood from earlier disappearing completely.

"Tell me everything." He bounced up and down excitedly.

Hyunjin sighed. "Jeongin took me out to distract me and I don't knowww he was so nice. He got me food, gave me advice without being pushy and screamed to Bruno Mars with me."

Jisung nodded.

"He just has this really heartwarming smile, like my heart skipped a beat Jisung, I couldn't believe it. Don't even get me started on his side profile, that man is attractive as fuck."

"Yeah I was hella jealous when I thought he wanted to date Min because I thought that fucker had a big chance." He covered his mouth and clapped. "This is so excitinggg. I mean you fall in love with every guy that holds the door open for you but man Jeongin that could really be something."

"But he's straight."

"Well.. That's what I said and look how it turned out."

"Am I allowed to laugh?" Hyunjin surpressed the laugh he wanted to let go.

Jisung hit him. "If I make the joke you are supposed to laugh."

-----

Hyunjins finger hovered over the call button, would he really do it?

"Hyunjin?"

Oh, he had pressed down without realizing. And his finger had shaken so much he had pressed the FaceTime button.

So Jeongins face appeared on the screen.

His laptop on his lap and a book in his hand. The pen behind his ear. He was wearing glasses.

Hyunjin tried to take a deep breath. Was that man even real?

From what he could see Jeongin must be reading a classic, as the book wasn't that thick and had a typical white cover.

"Are you feeling better?"

He shook himself out of his thoughts. "Oh yeah, I talked to Jisung and we are absolutely fine."

"That's very good." The younger nodded, not taking his eyes off the computer.

The older felt a bit anxious, he hadn't meant to disturb Jeongin, just had the urge to talk to him again. Something about him pulled Hyunjin in.

"Bad timing?"

Jeongin shook his head, hair falling into his eyes. "I told you you could always call, I just need to finish my analysis of this chapter today." He bit his lip, clicking his pen to write into the book.

Hyunjin gasped. "You write into your book with PEN???"

The youngers eyes widened from the sudden change in tone. Then he started laughing. He set his laptop aside, showing the book into the camera.

The book worn out, spine cracked, dog ears marking certain pages. There were sticky notes and tabs everywhere, lines highlighted and words scribbled around the writing on the side. "It's a copy I got from the thrift store because I didn't want to pay for the full prize. I thought it would suck but it's pretty interesting." He showed the cover.

"Franz Kafka, Metamorphosis. I actually wanted to read that too." Sighing, he turned to look at the books on his shelf. "But I don't have a copy."

"You can have mine after we finish discussing it, should probably be next week."

Hyunjin kept on staring at the books, body slumping a little further into the cushion.

Please let me be pretty enough to turn this guy.

-------

"Minho?"

"Yes?"

A panda appeared on the screen.

Jisung slapped his hands over his mouth.

And Minhos eyes widened comically, seconds later the camera was turned off and Jisungs laughter echoed through Minhos room.

"You look so cute Minnie."

"Shut the fuck up." Minho whined.

"No seriously babe, turn the camera back on so I can see you." Jisung joined in on the whining. "I need a screenshot of that for my lockscreen. Pleaseeeee."

"What do I get for that?"

"I'll take you on a date."

Minho scoffed, and turned the camera back on. "Didn't you want to do that anyways?"

Jisung started laughing again, barely able to breathe through his next words. "Yes, I can't you're so fucking cute. I wanted to- I swear to god this is gold- take you on a date. Now I need to choose the best- what do you think of- ah this one is-" He couldn't contain himself.

"If you don't string a coherent sentence together in 5 seconds i'm hanging up and you'll never see me again."

"We both know-"

"Don't fucking test me."

"Okay okay. What do you think of an Aquarium date?"