Chapter 10

Had a lot of this brewing since December 😭

———word count:714
3rd person's POV

The elf nodded, as he turned to the man. He faced back to the bartender, who was freaked out.

"I'm so sorry for being disrespectful about you too, I just wanted to know more about your empires, I barely see or know anything about the other empires." She apologised, bowing to the two. "It's alright.." Scott said.

Scott's POV

"Can we go to our room?" Jimmy said clutching onto my sleeve and the rose from the garden. "Sure Sunshine." I said, giving him a smile as he gently pulled me to our room for the night.

When we got to the room, it was small but cozy. "It's really dark outside." Jimmy ran to the window and sat down on the window seat. "That's because it's winter, dear." I walked over to Jimmy who was watching the heavy wind blow through the trees. "You think it's going to snow?" Jimmy asked. "Why do you think I'll know?" I playfully questioned him. "You know.. you live with cold temperatures and snow." He muttered. "Wow.. but maybe, there was news that a storm might happen." I smiled. "Hopefully it's not as bad as the last storm, it caused my empire to flood and it had a lot of destruction, the worst part is that I'm not even in my empire to help my citizens with the storm if it hits." Jimmy suddenly became panic and his tone of voice was now quick.

"Calm down, dear. You need sleep, we can check your empire first thing tomorrow." I got up from the window seat and walked over to the bed. "What about your own empire!?" Jimmy got up quickly in a tense manner. "Xornoth is there, hopefully. Rivendell will be fine." I said.

"Come on Jimmy." I rolled my eyes at the cod boy. "Why did you only get one room." Jimmy pouted. "Come on, it's not that bad. You can sleep on the sofa if you want, I don't really care." I sighed at him and turned onto my side to try and sleep. "Fine, I will." He said as he got a blanket and a pillow of the bed and dropped them on the sofa before lying down on them.

"Scott.. Scott?" Jimmy whispered as I Iaid awake in the tavern bed, trying to sleep. "Are you awake?" He asked again. After a few minutes of my silence he got the idea that I was asleep and got up from the sofa were he was sleeping, joining me in the bed.

"It isn't that bad, is it?" I turned to him. "You're awake!?" He looked surprised. I nodded, grabbing him close.

"Dear, get up." I grumbled at the blonde. "But I don't want to." He mumbled through the pillow. "We need to leave soon, it's starting to snow and you wanted to go to your empire before a storm hits." I said, grabbing the blonde's hand. "Fine, don't drag me." He said getting out of bed.

"Here's our key." I handed over the key to the two bartenders working. The girl from last night and a guy with blonde hair with a black bandana. "Thank you, have a safe travel, the snow could be bad at your empires." The girl said. "We will and we hope you have a good day." I said while walking to the tavern door.
-

-
"How far are we?" Jimmy whined, clutching onto my cloak that I gave him as he was not exactly equipped for the cold. "For the fourth time we're still far and it looks like the snow won't cause a problem for us." I calmly said, until noticing.

"Darling, your face is turning blue, are you still cold?" I felt a wave of relief when I became to recognise where we were. "A little but I'm fine." His smile beamed.

"Look, there's your empire." I pointed to the snow-covered land. "It doesn't seem to be that bad." Jimmy sighed in relief.

"Come on, Jim. Let's get you warmed up or you'll freeze to death and I'll take your empire." I jokingly said. "You!?-" be played into the joke but began running to his empire, I walked after him, following his marks in the soft, blanc ground.