Liam (past)

Things like this..continued for a while until...
Liam came along.
*in algebra (grade 7)*

This was just in intermediate school, a new student came. He was from Italy.
"Alright students settle down now and welcome our new student, Liam." I saw Liam walk in while holding his binder, it had this bright vivid tone to it. He had an awkward but calm expression on his face, he was tall..taller than I excepted. He had brown hair, brown eyes, and a nice jawline too, i was fidgeting with my pencil because of how anxious I was, maybe because he was from Italy? No.. maybe because he was new? I don't know what it was, I just felt nervous, and a bit self conscious. My hair was damp, oily, and messy. I also had black uncut hair, I was very pale and short for my age. Leo.. leo.. *BAM.* "Leo! Please raise your hand!!" I was startled and jumped up, I gasped and looked around "I'm here! I-I'm here!" I raised my hand high and I could see Liam stride towards me, I put my hand down and just watched him. He sat in the empty seat behind me, that used to belong to an old friend of mine but she recently moved just last year. She was one of the only friends I had here, one of the people I actually enjoyed being around.
"Alright now that's over, let's begin our lesson. Getting Y alone!" The teacher started to teach and I just gazed off, thinking about the previous years of my life. Then i saw something in my peripheral vision, it was Sam's hand, he was holding up 3 fingers; which stood for 3pm. This is the time he usually makes me do "IT" with him, if you know what I mean. I sighed and looked away, I glanced up at the clock, it was 2:45, this period always felt excruciatingly long, my butt was already throbbing, let along it being sore. He does it so hard, sometimes I can barely even stand. Story of my life!
*clap*
*clap*
*clap*
"Okay class, now that the lesson is finally over I need you to get with a partner and work on the paper that you were supposed to get on the table when you walked in. If you don't have a partner just come work with me" I listened and watched the teacher sit down at his desk, I started fidgeting with my hands because I never had a partner in any of classes but the old friend of mine that moved away, and plus, I was already taking medication for my anxiety and decreasing mental health, I felt a warm, but firm hand rest on my shoulder, I looked up. It was.. Liam. I was surprised when he approached me, i couldn't help but get flustered by his good looks. "Ah.. hi Liam!" god I sounded so stupid, I watched him sit down in the chair beside me and scoot a bit closer. "Are you good at math? I kind of suck! Do you think we could possibly be partners?" yes.. yes we can!! my inner feelings spoke for me, but on the outside not a word came out, he was so nice, why am I not saying anything? Just say something!! I looked behind Liam and saw Sam. He was staring at me and gritting his teeth, the silence was then broken. "Hey, you okay?" I heard Liam's voice which brought me back to reality, I clenched my over sized jacket and nodded.  

"Yeah Im fine, just zoned out" I looked back at him and smiled awkwardly "And, yeah I'm pretty good at math, lets work on this first problem before the class ends" I saw nod in agreement, but then a loud thud echoed throughout the class, I looked at the door, someone left. I looked at Sam's seat and he was gone! Fuck!! I looked back at Liam "Alright, lets just finish this problem quickly." I picked pencil up and began solving the problem while talking him through it, it was so embarrassing because I kept stuttering; I didn't take my pills and my anxiety was high. I hope he didn't catch my slip ups. After we worked out 3 problems the bell rang and we all gathered our things and left, I was holding my journal and walking with my head down, I knew what was awaiting for Me when I entered the bathroom. "Hey man, thanks for helping me in math, sorry if I put too much on you!" I jumped up and stopped walking, I looked at Liam. "Y-you're welcome..you can always ask for help." I walked away but he grabbed my hand. "You said you're willing to help, so why don't help me to my next class, hm?" I stood still for awhile "Fine."

Yeah... and things went like that for a while, following to next year. We became really close and did everything together, but there was one problem. Stupid Sam and his little crew, the harassing hasn't stopped, I still haven't told anyone, and what's even worse is that I think my mom knows somethings been up. She's been more persistent lately.