O5.

Chapter 5

══ ◈ ══

SEBASTIAN, who had been watching me, raised an eyebrow. "Is everything alright, my lady?" he asked, his voice tinged with genuine concern-or was it just another layer of his deceit? I ignored him, my mind racing.

How could the system know who I really was? What else did it know about me? A chill ran down my spine as the reality of my situation sank in. This wasn't just a game anymore; it was a battle for control over my own fate.

I took a deep breath, resolving to find a way to break free from its grasp. I had to uncover the truth behind this world and the system that controlled it. The stakes were higher than I had ever imagined, and I knew I had to tread carefully.

But one thing was clear: I would not go down without a fight. As we continued walking, the grand hallway seemed to close in around me, the tapestries and chandeliers now feeling more like a gilded cage.

I could feel the weight of the system's gaze upon me, and the uncertainty of what lay ahead loomed larger than ever.

══ ◈ ══

third person

A man cloaked in shadows slipped into a secluded room within the Ducal Palace. Inside, the young Duke Darious awaited, a vial of potent poison in hand.

"Are you certain this won't kill him if he drinks it?" Darious asked, his voice tense as he clenched the small glass container.

"Yes, my lord," the man replied. Darious' eyes gleamed with a dangerous light as he stared down at the cloaked figure. The man's resolve wavered, but he held the Duke's gaze.

Darious exhaled slowly. "You may go now," he commanded. "And remember our deal. You know I can find you, right?" He pocketed the poison.

"Yes, my lord. I will not fail you." The man disappeared into the shadows.

Darious stepped out into the grand hallway, masking his emotions. He walked with cold precision, his fingers gripping the vial in his pocket. He bit his lower lip, stifling a sinister smile. His excitement needed to be concealed, his dark scheme hidden to ensure its success.

'This is what you've driven me to, father. On that day, he will suffer the most excruciating death,' he thought, striding flawlessly down the corridor.

══ ◈ ══

arthemice

I stared blankly out the window, the world outside teasing me with its freedom. I wish I could go outside and take a stroll, but I can't. Hindi ko nga alam kung ano'ng pangalan ng lugar na tinitirhan ko ngayon. Well, I skipped every detail about the places when the system described them to me, so I remember very little. Most of it I've already forgotten.

"Tomorrow is your big day, my lady. You should not be sulking in this room. Go get some air outside." His voice broke my reverie, and I turned to face him with a raised eyebrow. Ever since he escorted me to the Grand Duke's office, he hasn't left my side for hours.

If only I could speak, I would have lashed out at him long ago. Curse this system. I haven't been able to choose my words since that day... when the system mentioned my freaking name! I tried to speak, for goodness' sake, but I failed! How am I supposed to communicate with them? They will think I'm mute now, right? I rolled my eyes internally.

"Feels like I am talking to myself again," he whispered, his irritation evident in his tone. He's been frustrated with my silence these past few days.

I don't care about his feelings anyway. He is just an idiot who killed Arthemice in the game. Being in the same room with him is suffocating. Hays.