Day Two

Written 11/2/23

~Content Warning: Sexual Assault, Abuse, Psychological Trauma~

Scene One:

Even the tips of his toes were trembling. He'd just been her yesterday and thought so little of the action, but this time something was different about darkening the doorstep he'd only watched from a distance for work. Actually, that's what he was supposed to be doing now, but now he was involved--curious. There was no helping it now.

"Hello? Mr. Saintly Monster?" Levander says.

He eases the door closed behind him before sliding into the room.

"Hello?" again.

Darkness swallows the room leaving little room for the light. It was darker than yesterday as Levander glides towards the sliding door the Saintly Monster escorted them through yesterday.

"Mr. Saintly Monster?"

"Who are you calling Saintly Monster?"

Levander jumps, heart palpating.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know your name and I called that without thinking. I'm so sorry," Levander retreats shrinking away from the monster of a man sitting at the table.

A plate of chin-dirting pasta steams in front of him. Simon's least favorite food. In fact, he hated all pasta despite how much the aroma Levander's stomach began to grumble. Had he eaten today? Yesterday?

Whatever.

"Why are you here? Wait first, your name," Saintly Monster says.

"Levander Montego. I'm 22."

Levander shifts. He'd love to use the doorway as cover if he could push his legs to inch back.

"Nice to meet you, Levander. My name is Harry Potts. I'm in charge of placing this organization's charges at their given jobs. Though you probably gathered as much yesterday when you dropped off Lindy. Which brings me to ask: what brings you back?"

Why was he back? To check on Baggage Lady--Lindy--Of course. That's the only reason he could be here. That's it. That's all.

He repeats his thoughts, but Mr. Potts only nods before standing.

"Come with me, I'll take you to Lindy, so you can check on her.

Going up the stairs hurt. But there he was beside Mr. Potts in front of Ms. Lindy's door as Mr. Potts raps his knuckles on the wood door. It squeaks open with a clank opening enough for just a peak at the easy blue paint. Ms. Lindy stands there cleaned up, but still bruised. Levander's heart races. She was safe. Of course, she was safe. When did he think otherwise?

"Lindy, this is Levander. You may have missed his name yesterday, but he came by to check how you were doing. Would you like to chat?"

Levander could see the reluctance in her eyes as she shuffles back welcoming them through a hole just large enough for Mr. Potts to sieve his giant body through.

The space was too bare. He could see the walls. How was that possible? Wasn't a room's purpose to be filled? His shoulders pitched up as Lindy pulls out a folding chair for the two of them from some empty recess of her room like this was normal. Like any of this was normal. Why was he here again?

"S-so Le-Levander, Thank you for saving me yesterday. Harry has given me a lot to think about while I've been here. Even though it's only been less than twenty-four hours--I hate Mattis! He caused me pain, abused me, neglected me, and made it all seem like it was my fault. I-I--" she gazes up at Levander.