6. Vishwa

Author's POV:

A very tired vishwa enter into his house at morning 3:00 am. These night duties always worn-out him. But he has to endure it for three or four years more. Once he made his name in the hospital and get certain experience he would no longer treated as an internship resident. Though he could perform surgeries on his own, he was still treated as rookie as it was just an year back he completed his M.Ch (Master of chirurgie).

Vishwa was the youngest child of sarath and krishnaveni. He has an elder sister, sravani, who was six years elder than him. Vishwa was a smart kid from young age. His mother wanted him to be a doctor. His father left his career to his choice. Sarath used to work for AP-GENCO as an assistant engineer. While krishnaveni was a school teacher. Theirs was a simple family.

When vishwa was 14 years old, his sister sravani was 20 and doing her graduation in B.Sc computers. Then she got a match. The boy was working in IIT Delhi as an assistant professor in Electrical department. His name was Naveen. Then they both got married and shifted to Delhi. Sravani became a housewife by choice and after two years they have two twin boys who were named, Akhil and Sahil. Everyone was very happy with the two little munchkins.

When vishwa was 16, he decided to pursue medicine as per his mom's wish, though he like computers more. He could learn computers anyway as a hobby because he has interest in them but he wanted to become a doctor for his career. And he took Bi.P.C. in intermediate and started his vigorous preparation. Though his parents both had government jobs they have only few assets to support him for giving donations. They have their own home of three bedroom house in vizag. They have no agricultural land and no other properties besides the house. They gave all of their life long savings for that house. So he has to get a scholarship seat. For that he has to get under the rank of 500 in NEET to get into his dream college, which is Guntur medical College (GMC).

When he was 18 years old, his parents  were subjected to a car crash. When they were returning from a function of relatives on the highway. A truck hit them making their car crashed into the divider and they were found spot dead along with the truck driver.

That was the horrible day for vishwa and his sister. Their babay and pinni (father's younger brother and his wife) tried to seize their house saying their father has took money from them but didn't return. They wanted to get their hands, even on the small investments the couple made for their children. That day the brother and sisters understood that no child could left alone in the world without their parents. The people are not good, the closer ones they are, the heavy blow they get.

It was his brother-in-law (sister's husband) and mavayya(here mena-mama, mother's brother) who came to their rescue and stood as a shield from those money hungry wolves, who wants their deceased brothers money rather giving support to his children. Naveen and Raghav(his mavayya) took care of the property and all the investments and safely gave back to vishwa.

Vishwa asked Naveen to give half amount to his sister as they both have equal rights on their parents hard worked earnings.

"I'm there to take care of your sister and give her everything. It's time for you to stand up for yourself and make your career. So don't overthink and concentrate on your studies. Don't hesitate to call me if you have any problem okay. You don't need your sister's recommendation to ask me anything. Think of me as your own brother." Naveen explained very empathetically and patted his back with a smile at the end.

That day he saw his role model in his bava (brother-in-law). He wanted to become like him.

The councelling for the NEET has over and he secured a  free seat for himself in MBBS. In MBBS no free seat is actually a free seat. Though most of the bills are paid by government and he would receive scholarships, the expenses for labs and practical materials are also very high. He has to have atleast 30k yearly in-hand.

The money from their parents investments was not that much so that he could sit and eat while studying. But there was no way he could pass MBBS while doing a part-time job. Though his brother-in-law was helping him as much as he could, vishwa doesn't want to impose on him, Naveen has to take care of his own family. In Delhi the expenses are not at all in budget. So he refused to take money from his brother-in-law.

His Raghav mavayya along with his wife sarala also wanted to help him. The couple has two daughters who got married already. They wanted to give him money for the studies but vishwa refused and completed his four and half years of MBBS and one year of internship residence successfully with high marks from GMC.

There was no other way for him, he has to get high percentage to get a free seat for further studies in best colleges. He studied day and night and successfully got the degree.

But he doesn't want to become 'any' doctor, he wanted to become a neurosurgeon, he decided it even before he applied for the NEET exam, and he doesn't want to drop it because of financial issues.

So he asked his mavayya for help financially. When his mavayya offered money he gave his parents original house documents to his mavayya saying he was taking a loan from him, and when he would give back all the amount back to his mavayya then only he would take back his house papers. Though his mavayya and athayya (Raghav and sarala) doesn't want to keep the house papers, they felt immense proud on vishwa.