7. Neurosurgeon

Author's POV:

He completed his MBBS when he was 23 years. Later he got a scholarship seat in M.S. (Master of Surgeon) too. Though he decided to be a neurosurgeon from the start, he didn't take neurosurgery in M.S. . Instead he did general surgery in M.S. for three years.

That was because he got to know
Post graduation in general surgery give a different type of techniques and wide variety of basics to surgical experience and he would have plenty of opportunities after completing his M.Ch (Master of Chirurgie) in neurosurgery.

But it wasn't easy to get a seat in M.Ch neurosurgery as there was minimum number of seats with lots of heavy competition. Though post graduation in general surgery would give him a different level of weight to his qualifications, it couldn't fullfill to give him the required minimum basics of knowledge about neurosurgery. As a result he didn't get a seat in M.Ch.

But the amount he took from his mavayya is enough for him to have him survive for three to four years with minimum basic needs. Though he was already 26 years he didn't lose the hope and started to have a internship residency in general surgery in a private hospital while preparing for NEET-SS (entrance exam for super speciality courses for Ph.D in medical sciences).

After the preparation with strong will power and hardwork he finally joined in M.Ch in neurosurgery, which is a three years course. He was already 30 years when he completed his course with flying colours, his thesis on brain complex theories made him a well known among the medical industry and named him as a gifted doctor.

Even after that he did a fellowship on advance complex theories of brain and spinal cord for an year. He was 31  when he took an offer from the heartbeats group of Multi-speciality hospitals, vizag with a attracting packaging of 1,75,000/- for a non experienced doctor.

But again his qualifications has much more than that, he has lots of surgical experiences before joining M.Ch were very impressive and he assisted lots of complex surgeries when he was doing his M.Ch. He assisted foreign doctors and learned to do many difficult surgeries. After completing M.Ch and while doing fellowship he performed and leaded many surgeries and the loses count could be done on fingers. He has very high success rate among the rookie doctors. His fellowship just cherry on the top to his talents. He could take quick and accurate decisions on the surgical table when required. His diagnosis and analysis was faster than any other doctors and never was wrong. So the hospital made the offer to him with a contract of two years.

Since he was a rookie he accepted the offer to gain experience. In this one year of working he made a name for himself as a lucky hand doctor, as there was only 3 failures among hundreds of surgeries performed by him. But he always felt sad Whenever he remembered about the three lost lives though he tried his best to save them. And he finally became a Neurosurgeon.

As the coin always had an other side, the already experienced doctors couldn't digest a rookie doctor get this much of popularity among the hospital. The word of lucky hand doctor got spread out of the hospital too, and people started to ask their operations to be performed by vishwa. They can't do any mean things so they tried to exhaust him by dumping more work. They used to ask him to do the patients sheets, which usually comprises of their symptoms, diagnosis, medications, and possible side effects everything, which was usually done by assistants.

He just has to endure it for an year or more then he could become the chief surgeon with his achievements and then nobody could raise their eyes before him.

This is all about his professional life but when it comes to personal life, his akka (elder sister, sravani), bava (brother-in-law, Naveen), and their kids (Akhil and Sahil) ,  athayya (mother's brothers wife, sarala), mavayya (mother's elder brother, Raghav), his mavayya's two daughters (Kavya and Navya, who already got married and he calls them vadina) were the close relatives he had. They were the ones he could believe with closed eyes.

They were all pestering him to get married since almost two years. But he couldn't afford a wife at that time because he was also doing his fellowship. Though he got money for doing the fellowship, he could have neither time not money to spend with his wife. At that time he was living in that small amount of money only. He has nothing to offer, he doesn't even had a house atleast.

After completing his fellowship there were lots of offers for him but he accepted vizag one, as his home which was built by their parents was there only. He shifted to the house but didn't took the original papers when his mavayya gave him. He wanted to take those papers after he paid full amount to his mavayya. Raghav was very sad when he heard that but he couldn't do anything. Vishwa was still paying the loan he took from his mavayya. He bought a car for himself for convenience to and fro for traveling to the hospital at any time.

Two days back when his sister called and gave him ultimatum to get married he said okay reluctantly. Sravani couldn't hold the excitement and called sarala to find matches for her baby brother. Sarala immediately tell her about kaveri and send her the photo of kaveri which they took when they went to temple last month. Sravani liked kaveri very much and her sarala athayya's assurance about the girl was just bonus. But the only problem was whether her brother accept the match or not considering their age-gap.

Nonetheless she forwarded kaveri's photo to him. She intentionally didn't send the bio-data.