9. The aftermath

Heeseung Pov

I rushed my way back into the building. I had to stop Sunghoon before he was going to shoot everyone in that room. I understand where his anger came from, but we don't want to be at war with the Carollo family. On the contrary, we needed them to win against the Salvatores. If Sunghoon wants what's rightfully his, he needs to calm down immediately.

As soon as I walked into the room the situation was even worse than I thought. Carollo was just sitting down on the couch and Sunghoon was standing in front of him, his gun pointed straight at him. "Come on, they were just having a bit of fun." He said while laughing. If Sunghoon was able to torture him right now, he would. I could tell by the way his eyes were narrowed. They were burning with fury.

"If one of your men ever touched my girl again, I'll make sure to break their necks." Jungwon and Jake were standing next to Sunghoon, backing him up. The guy who was taking off his belt earlier had already bled to death. I figured he was getting on Sunghoon's nerves with sensitive jokes. That usually does it for him. "Was that a threat Mr Park?" Sunghoon loaded his gun without any hesitation. "Did it sound like a compliment?" The tone in his voice was harsh and certain.

Carollo started laughing hysterically. "Listen, we didn't know she was yours. Antonio never would've done what he did if he knew." He lifted his shoulders briefly. "You don't have to worry about him anymore." He pointed toward the dead man that was lying on the floor. Sunghoon clenched his teeth together and I could tell he wanted to shoot another one of them, just to let off some steam.

Jungwon just stood there, looking unbothered by the entire situation. It was almost as if he wanted them to die as well. "You want to shoot another one?" Carollo asked him quietly before grabbing a gun and shooting two of the other men, his man, without hesitation. "please, They don't mean anything to me." He held his gun to the head of the last person as he walked toward Sunghoon. "Go on, shoot him."

I could see the doubt in Sunghoon's eyes. He wanted to shoot him, but it seemed a bit unfair to shoot him after what Carollo just did. The man started to cry as the two guns pointed at him. After a while, Sunghoon lowered his gun. "Let's just talk business."

Mae pov

I was sitting in Jungwon's garden, I didn't know if I was allowed to be here but I felt like this was the only place that was able to calm me down. Was it able to stop me from thinking about last night? No certainly not. If Sughoon wouldn't have come in when he did, I would've been raped.

I started coughing only thinking about it. The fact that that man almost... It made me feel nauseous. I stared at the beautiful roses as I thought about the events of last night. Being touched by those men wasn't the only thing that made me feel traumatised. There was also a slight chance that Sunghoon killed someone.

Well, there wasn't a slight change, there was a huge chance that he did something like that. The sound of the gunshot was still stuck in my head. I haven't been able to sleep because of it. Every time I closed my eyes I saw those men and heard those sounds. Being in this garden didn't even help me get my mind off it.

I hoped I would be able to feel slightly more happy or at least not as sad as I have been the entire night. I didn't even know if the boys came home last night. I haven't heard anything. I took a deep breath and decided to go back inside. It was getting colder anyway. Winter was finally around the corner which means it was almost Christmas. I hope they celebrate it here in the Armory Estate. I'd hate it if they don't celebrate it.

I entered the estate and was about to enter the kitchen when I heard the front door open. I looked toward it, waiting for someone to appear in the opening. It wasn't just one person that was standing there, it was four. Jake, Jungwon, Heeseung and Sunghoon. They were still in their clothes from last night, meaning they didn't come home last night.