32. killings

⚠️!!!WARNING!!! ⚠️

*sensitive content*

This chapter includes content that some people find upsetting

Sunghoon let go of me slowly as he gently pushed me behind him. "Heeseung." He said as he pulled his gun and pointed it toward my father. I looked up at Heeseung who was holding onto my arm tightly to make sure I wasn't going to do anything reckless. He nodded understandingly at Sunghoon as he led me away from the situation. I couldn't help but look back at Sunghoon and my dad. Afraid of what was going to happen to them.

Salvatore just stood there, both hands in his pockets while the gun was still pointing his way. "You might not want to do that." He laughed at Sunghoon, who just continued to stare at him. He tilted his head slightly as he listened to what my father had to say. Salvatore let out a huge laugh. Both Heeseung and I stopped walking. his laugh made us all shiver.

At the top of the stairs, a door opened. As we looked up at the door a man entered the room. He was dragging a woman along as he made his way down the stairs. Everyone was watching them in agony. I could only tell who the woman was as they made it halfway down the stairs. I could tell by the way she moved and the way her footsteps sounded on the marble floor. My stomach turned as I looked at the condition my mom was in. "Mom-" I breathed. Heeseung tightened his grip on my arm and pulled it slightly. Telling me to walk with him, to look away, but I couldn't. It took him a couple of times before I finally decided to walk along with him.

I glanced at my mom, hoping she'd see me but she avoided my gaze. It was something she did on purpose, I knew she did. She did it to make sure I wasn't going to get hurt even more. Heeseung and I made it toward the door, but to our surprise, it opened just before we were able to get out. Two men holding guns blocked our way. This entire event had been a trap. It was a trap to make sure they were able to get to us, and we walked right into it. "Mae, you can't leave yet." My father spoke. "Aren't you coming to say hi to your father?" I sighed as I turned around confidently and took a step forward. However, my leg couldn't hold me up anymore. Luckily, Heeseung still had a tight grip on my arm as he supported me. Without his support, I would've fallen to the floor without a doubt.

My mom still avoided my eyes as I looked at her. She had been beaten, I could tell. Maybe Carollo did to her what he wanted to do to me. Or maybe my father did it to her. "I could kill you right here," Sunghoon spoke. The cold and emotionless voice he had when I met him had returned. His gaze was colder than I'd ever seen before as he looked at my father. "well," My father clapped his hands together as he started to walk toward my mom. "I only wanted to talk about a compromise." He wasn't honestly thinking we would consider compromising with him.

"You see.," He started as he pointed toward me. "My beloved daughter has just killed one of my dearest friends and I cannot let that go unpunished." Heeseung pulled his gun and everyone around us did the same. "We're not going to give her to you," Heeseung said without hesitation.

"Come now, that's not what I expected from you, Mr Lee," Salvatore spoke as he put his fingers through my mom's hair. She flinched as his fingers touched her skin. "I only want to show my daughter what the consequences of her actions will be." My eyes widened as he spoke those words. "Don't touch her," I said as I took another step forward. It was the first time my father's eyes met mine. His pitch-black eyes stared into my soul and I could tell he was the monster I thought he was. "Either you come with me and I punish you for killing Carollo, or I punish your beloved mother." I couldn't let my mother pay for the crimes I committed.

"You killed Carollo?" Heeseung whispered as he tightened his grip. I didn't respond to his words because I wasn't yet able to admit what I had done. How do you tell someone you killed a person? "Fine, but you let her go first," I said. My father smiled at me as he signed for the man to release my mom. To my surprise, he didn't release her. The man pulled a knife and was about to stab her with it. But Heeseung stopped him when he pulled the trigger and shot him. He shot the man who was about to kill my mom and soon after everyone started shooting each other. I wasn't even able to understand who was trying to shoot who when Heeseung helped me take cover underneath a table. "Stay here." He ordered me before leaving.