19. Marshall

"Dalwin," I heard as I turned around in my bed. I was woken up out of a deep sleep, so it took me a while to realise who was calling my name. I lifted my head from the soft and warm pillow as I allowed my eyes to adjust to the darkness. "Morning Dalwin," his voice spoke again.

"I've come to escort you once more." my eyes didn't need to adjust to see who spoke these words. His tone made it obvious who he was. "Escort me?" I grunted as I let my head fall back onto my pillow. Where could Heesung possibly bring me this time? I was already a hostage so it couldn't get any worse, could it?

"Yes, I'm sorry." sorry? It took me less than a second to sit up straight. "Wait, am I leaving the estate?" Heeseung's silence told me everything I needed to know. I was leaving? Is he for real? I stood up out of bed and turned on the lights in my room.

"You can't be for real." Heeseung looked at me with saddened eyes, confirming my suspicions. I let myself fall back onto my bed while looking at him. I was trying to get a reaction out of him. Wishing he'd tell me it was a joke, but all he did was look back at me with saddened eyes. I never knew I had this much anger in me, but when Heeseung didn't react to me. All I felt was this uncontrollable feeling. 

"Did Sunghoon put you up to this?" I asked as I stood up from the bed again. Demanding an answer from him. This time Heeseung's saddened eyes filled with concern. It was almost as if he was afraid of what I was going to do next. "It is, but don't make it harder than it already is-." before Heesung was able to finish his explanation, I had already left the room. I didn't care what he had to say. I wanted to hear it from Sunghoon himself. 

What angers me the most is that he didn't have the guts to tell me himself. He didn't even want to say goodbye? He just sent Heeseung to my room to take me elsewhere. I never ran up to Sunghoon's office this quickly. The only time I ever run like this is when there's a spider in my room. 

I made my way up to Sunghoon's office and opened his door without announcing my entrance. Sunghoon was standing in front of the leather couch where Jungwon was seated. They both looked my way as I entered. Sunghoon's face seemed unphased as I walked up to him. "I take it Heesung has told you about Marshal?" he took a sip from his whiskey and turned his gaze back to Jungwon. 

I didn't hesitate to grab the whiskey from his hand as I placed the glass on his desk angrily. "Are you being serious right now?" I yelled at him. I hate yelling and shouting, but I felt like there was no other way to express my emotions. "I don't know what you mean, Dalwin." He put both his hands in his pockets and looked at me with a straight expression. His tone was unbothered. Almost as if he didn't care about my outburst or my feelings. 

I laughed, loudly. I didn't even notice Jungwon had risen from his seat. He was now looking from Sunghoon to me. His expression made it clear he didn't know what was going on. I kept laughing, I couldn't help it. It wasn't a joyful laugh. It was more of a hysterical laugh. I couldn't believe what I was hearing right now. "Are you seriously going to act as if you didn't just send me away? Where the fuck am I supposed to go? I'm not safe anywhere right now." My anger started to turn into disbelief and anxiety. 

What was I supposed to do once I left the estate? My father would without a doubt get a hold of me. I don't know what my life will be like after this. I could die for all I knew. Is this because he blames me for Niki? "You're not going back, you're going to the Marshalls." The Marshals? I clenched my jaws together as I looked at him. "You're sending her away?" Jungwon asked him. Jongwon sounded almost angry, which I never expected from him. "To Marshal?"

"I am." Sunghoon said almost as if I wasn't there. It felt like a sharp knife was put through my chest. I wasn't able to control my breathing as I looked at him. He still had not a single hint of compassion or hurt in his face. He just looked back at me blankly. He had the kind of look in his eyes that would make you think he hated me.