40. Death

"We need to treat him here!" Jay shouted as he tried to wave everyone away from Sunghoon. Most of them listened and stepped back. However, I was not going to let go of him and Jay knew that. He gave me the instructions to keep talking to him and make sure he stayed awake. In the meantime, his man had driven his car with medical equipment over to us. So that Jay would be able to treat Sunghoon quickly. It wasn't ideal but they had no other choice. If they waited until we reached the hospital his chances of survival would be none existent.

Jay kept yelling at his people to hand him the equipment he needed. "There's no time nor equipment here to sedate him." for the first time I looked up at Jay. He was too focused on the wound to even react to anything that was happening around him. "Make sure he stays awake." He made sure I understood the gravity of the situation. I glanced back down at Sunghoon to see he was slowly starting to close his eyes. "Hoon, I need you to stay awake," I said to him as I placed both my hands on his cheeks. 

He was going to feel every single thing Jay was going to do to him. If he wasn't going to die from the amount of blood he was losing, he was probably going to die of shock. It is very common for someone to die of shock when they're awake during an operation. The human body wasn't made for these kinds of things. Let us hope Sunghoon's body was stronger than the common human body.

He was fighting to keep his eyes open, I could tell by the way his eyes slowly closed and then opened instantly. I smiled down at him as I tried to talk to him, hoping it would help keep him awake. He flinched as Jay cut into his skin slightly. I tried not to look at what they were doing. I didn't need to know what was going on. It would only make me feel more anxious. The muscles in his face tensed up as Jay continued with the process. 

"I love you," I whispered to him. Maybe it wasn't the best time to be saying it to him, but it felt like the right time for me. I needed to tell him I love him. Just to be sure. What if he did die because of shock? I would never be able to tell him how much I cared for him. He closed his eyes as his brows kept tensing up. Showing me he was in pain. "Sunghoon, open your eyes for me please," I said. Afraid every time he closed his eyes would be the last. He tried to open them, I could tell. They kept opening slightly but they closed just as fast. "please," I said as I placed a loving kiss on his forehead. 

I needed him to wake up. "Stay with me, Hoon." I whispered as I placed another kiss on his head. Hoping he'd be able to open his eyes and look into mine again. He flinched again before all the muscles in his face relaxed. "Hoon," I said as I softly hit his cheeks. I started to panic as he didn't respond to my touch. "Hoon?" I tried again as I hit him a little harder. Again, he didn't react to my touch. He didn't even react to Jay who was putting his hand inside his wound. 

"Sunghoon," I said raising my voice a little. "Jay?" I cried as I looked up at him. Jay's eyes met mine briefly before one of his men pushed me back slightly to be able to get to Sunghoon. "Sunghoon, please wake up," I said as I was starting to realise he wasn't going to. "S-Sunghoon?" I said again as the tears streamed down my face. "Please." I tried to touch his face again to wake him up, but Jungwon and Sunoo pulled me away. 

They pulled me back and both hugged me to give me comfort. Sunoo too was sobbing as he put his head on my shoulder. We watched Jay's people gather around him. The only thing I was able to see from here were his closed eyes. He almost looked like he was sleeping. He looked so peaceful and calm. I saw Jay closing up his wound and pointing toward the medical vehicle that was parked next to him. They all seemed to be stressed as well, which made me cry even louder. 

Once the wound was closed they lifted Sunghoon onto the car and drove off. "They're trying to do everything they can." I heard someone say to Heeseung, who was apparently standing next to us. Heeseung just nodded at the man. We were all emotional because of what happened. It was weird to see how everybody reacts differently to these kinds of things.