Chapter 1: A Lost Soul

"In the twilight's hush, a lost soul roams,
Through shadowed alleys, it seeks its home,
In the echoes of time, its story untold,
A wanderer's fate in a world grown cold..."

Y/N's POV:

The evening sun painted the sky in hues of orange and pink as I parked my car near an abandoned plot of land. My heart raced with anticipation; this was another challenge of my daily investigation.

As I stepped out of the car, the air was thick with a sense of foreboding. I couldn't shake the feeling that I was about to uncover something deeply unsettling. I stood there for a moment, taking in the eerie silence that surrounded me.

Walking through the overgrown grass of the abandoned plot, the cold evening breeze brushed my cheeks.

After walking for little distance, I noticed an old figure sitting on a weathered bench beneath a gnarled tree. It was my client, Mr. Lee, a man whose face was etched with both hope and despair.

"Good evening, Mr. Lee," I greeted as I stopped near him.

After hearing my voice, he turned to me. "Good evening dear. I was waiting for you." He gave me warm smile.

"So, what's the matter?" I asked while taking a glance of the place.

He sighed. His eyes held a haunted look as he began to speak, his words tinged with regret. "Three months ago, I bought this piece of land. I had high hopes for this plot of land, you know. I invested everything I had into it, but it's become cursed, haunted by something I can't explain."

I nodded, urging him to continue.

"It all started with strange occurrences," Mr. Lee explained. "Whispers in the night, eerie shadows, and even sightings of a girl. I need to know what's causing this, I need to free this land from its curse."

I leaned forward, intrigued by the challenge. "I'll do my best to help, Mr. Lee. Tell me everything you know."

Mr. Lee's recounting of the land's history was chilling. He spoke of a tragic accident that had taken place there many years ago, a destruction of houses that had claimed the life of a young girl. Her restless spirit, he believed, was the source of the haunting.

"Don't worry Mr. Lee, I will do my best." I said with a small smile that he returned. Just as Mr. Lee thanked me and rose to leave, I noticed a faint figure in the distance.

It seemed as if it was a girl, her form translucent and ethereal. She seemed to beckon me closer.

"Found you." I muttered under my breath. Without thinking, I followed her presence, my heart pounding. She led me to a secluded spot where the grass was still and the air was heavy with the weight of the past.

"Leave..." the girl's voice echoed sternly, her eyes filled with revenge.

"What if I won't?"

Don't get me wrong but I gain confidence at a very bad time.

"This place is mine.." She warned.

I hesitated for a moment, torn between my curiosity and the warning in her eyes. But my determination got the better of me, and I decided to continue.

"This place is not yours, it's Mr. Lee's. If you have something to tell them tell me, I will listen to you..." I said with a slight grin. She didn't seemed to waver. I sighed. I looked at her holding a soft expression.

"You can trust me..."

I felt her eyes becoming softer. They held pain in them, pure pain.