Chapter 6

Content warning: poisoning gas, mention of injections and experiments, mention of killing

Third person pov

9th august, 1999, Muichiro Tokito

Muichiro woke up to his bed again and saw the three talking, only Zenitsu seemed to be in his business, his ears were ringing and he didn't know why, he got up from the bed and walked up to Zenitsu "uhh...your name is Zenitsu, correct?" He asked the blondie, sitting on the ground next to him.

"Yeah, why?" Zenitsu asked, he wasn't really a chatty person, especially with newbies "both Genya and Aoi kept thinking about asking you something about my mind reading" Muichiro said without fear, if they kept thinking about it so much then it was important, right? "Oh really? Well it's because when I first arrived I hade the same ability as you"

"Really? Then how did you survive?"
"They injected in me some strange liquid and the ability disappeared over time"
"Did they know about it?"
"No, if they knew, I would have died"
"I'm pretty sure they have noticed my ability"
"Yes, someone did, a guard at lunch the other day when you met Tanjiro, a guard was listening, the same guard you killed"

"I killed the one that overhead?"
"Yeah, coincidence are crazy right?"
"They sure are"
"Did your power already upgraded?"
"What do you mean by that?"
"Stay silent for a second and don't talk, you'll see what I mean"

Muichiro stayed silent for a bit, then he started to ear the three talking, but they weren't talking, they were thinking, he could perfectly hear all of their thoughts, it creeped him out so much, he turned to look at Zenitsu again.

"Oh my god please say something, anything"
"So I guess it's already at stage three"
"How many stages are there?
"5, since they test you everyday you ability gets an upgrade everyday, that's why everyone with your, or better, our ability dies after 5 days, cause they can't keep doing it"
"Oh...it makes sense I guess"

"Tell me, what did you hear exactly?"
"Oh, one of the two said that you probably didn't remember, I don't know what they meant"
"You don't remember who said it?"
"No"
"Ah...amnesia, one of the side effects"
"Whoa I'm so happy"
"Sarcasm?"
"Sarcasm"

The two started to talk about something that wasn't their abilities, and they seems to get along pretty well, they sorta understood eachother "what are you coloring in that book?" Muichiro asked at some point, he was very curious, since Zenitsu would color a lot he expected to see something beautiful.

"Oh, it's just some silly animal, I'm not an artist, so it's not well colored" he said as he handed the book to Muichiro so that he could see, the boy immediately noticed that the book had every, single, page coloured, even if it was just a small piece.

"Unique"
"Mh? Sorry?"
"It's very unique how you color, especially the fact that you colored every single page, even if it was just one small part"
"Well, I just oped the book and color, I don't care what I end up coloring"
"That's really cool"
"It is"

Genya noticed the two getting along pretty well, he was happy for them, even if Muichiro could die in two days 'if Muichiro survives...who am I kidding? He'll die like everyone' Genya thought as he kept talking with the two girls.

"What-?"
"Are you okay Muichiro?"
"Yeah, sorry, it's just that I heard Genya say I wasn't gonna survive"
"Ignore him, he's like this with everyone"
"Really? Even with you?"
"Even with me"
"Ah...then why does he act so nice?"
"Just to ease his mind"

It kinda make sense, Genya being nice only because he could die any moment soon, that was kind of him "if I do survive, do you think he'll keep being this nice?" Muichiro asked, maybe he was just nice "What? Pff, no" Zenitsu laughed at Muichiro silly question, why did he even think that?

Muichiro looked at Genya for split second and saw the boy falling asleep on the floor, now that he paid more attention to it the floor was warm, a little too warm "hey, why is the floor so warm?" Muichiro asked, Zenitsu closed his book and took a deep breath.

"So it's happening today"
"What is happening today?"
"Everyone is put asleep to check the room and to make sure nobody is hiding weapons"
"Uh, how do they do it"
"Floor warmed, pink gas to make you fall asleep, seems like Genya is already out"
"Is it safe?"
"Is anything safe here?"

Zenitsu was right, why was Muichiro even worrying about them being put asleep safely when they would test on them? "How long does it last, how often do they do it?" The young boy asked "several hours, once a month" Zenitsu said as he lied down "now if you excuse me, I'll sleep, it's better this was than the gas" Zenitsu closed his eyes, not even goin to bed? Damn.

Muichiro turned around and saw Kanao and Aoi also on the ground, they were doin small chat before drifting to sleep 'what if I...?' Muichiro thought as he covered his mouth and nose with his sleeves and lied down in a way were he could see or ear what they were doin, he also wondered if he could read their minds while asleep.

The gas came out, Muichiro took a deep breath and didn't breath the gas, he knew it wouldn't work for long, but maybe enough to see who entered? He didn't know, obviously. After some seconds a man entered and Muichiro could sense it was Kagaya.

"Look at them, sleeping so peacefully, right Muichiro?"

Fuck.

He was done.
---------------------------------------------

Love making Mui break the rules❤️

Words:970