Chapter 25

Navy General Cyrus McAdams was in a very bad mood right now as he entered his apartment after the day he'd had, especially since he'd been called before the joint chiefs saying that he was being suspended from active duty due to an investigation about his alleged criminal activities that had been reported to them from higher ups beyond his connections and while he didn't know how she'd done it, he knew that Iris West was the one who'd reported him though he thought he'd covered his tracks. He knew he should've made sure that the attack on the Wild Pack was more thorough, since when he'd sold out their unit, he'd made sure that the enemy knew to take out every last member of it, since in his opinion, they were deadweight and the world was better off without that trash, but somehow West had survived and he still didn't know how, since he'd watched her ship go down, with her still in it in an active warzone. But she'd made it out with only a few scratches and bruises and he was pissed, since as long as she was alive, she was a loose end and he also hated that he'd been forced to present her with a medal of honor and a purple heart during her honorable discharge ceremony, since after the attack, the military had given Iris an honorable discharge from duty and as her CO, it was regrettably McAdams' duty to present her with her honors.

Anyways, McAdams had spent years trying to get Iris after she'd retired, but she was very well protected, since her father was a cop and her mother was the district attorney of Central City and she was very well known as the founder of one of the largest media firms in the city, which made her incredibly hard to touch. But he would find a way to get her.

However, he was pulled from his thoughts when he heard what was clearly the sound of a speedster entering his apartment and he saw some freak wearing a bright yellow suit standing in the middle of his apartment.

"Who the hell are you and what the hell are you doing in my apartment?" McAdams asked as he pulled out his gun and aimed it at the man.

"Please, don't waste your bullets on me General McAdams. The only person who'd get hurt is you." the man said, though McAdams did not lower his weapon.

"I asked you a damn question, now answer it." McAdams demanded.

"Fair enough. My name is Eobard Thawne and contrary to what you might think, I'm not your enemy. In fact, if you accept my offer, I could become your greatest ally." Thawne said.

"What offer?" McAdams asked.

"Come work with me. Your career in the military is over and soon so will your time as a free man, since we both know that once Iris West finds proof that you sold out her unit, you're going to prison for the rest of your life." Thawne said.

"How can you be so sure?" McAdams asked skeptically.

"Because I'm from the future. I know how this all plays out. Like how it ends with you fading into obscurity while Iris West rises up even higher than you think possible." Thawne said.

"You honestly expect me to believe that you're from the future? How stupid do you think I am?" McAdams asked him.

"Do you really want me to answer that?" Thawne asked.

"Show me some proof that you're from the future." McAdams demanded.

"As you wish, though you probably won't like it." Thawne said as he used his glove to project a hologram of a news article from the Central City Citizen that was written by none other than Iris West herself and it was dated about a month from today and he saw that the title read 'TURNCOAT GENERAL SENTENCED TO PRISON FOR SEVERAL LIFETIMES.'

"What?" McAdams asked.

"West and her family take you down when you, in an act of extreme stupidity and desperation, attempt to attack her in her home while her family is visiting and between her, her father and her idiot fiance, you're in cuffs before you can even pull out your gun. I honestly don't know what you were thinking." Thawne said, without revealing that Iris's fiance was the Flash.

"And you're saying you can help me avoid that?" McAdams asked.

"And more importantly, I can help you finish what you started." Thawne said.

"How?" McAdams asked.

"By giving you the kind of power that will allow you to take her out and rewrite your own story. With this." Thawne said as he pulled out a large double bladed ax with a wooden shaft with blood red gems on the handle, the two grey blades with red lava like patterns on them and in the base of the ax was a bright blood red gem that was glowing.

"What is that thing?" Cyrus asked as Thawne handed him the ax.

"One of the most powerful artifacts on the planet. The gem in the base of the ax is the source of its immense power, especially since it's the literal reverse of the power Iris West wears around her neck right now." Thawne said.

"What kind of power are we talking about? She doesn't seem like a meta." Cyrus asked.

"She's not. Her power is magic. The power of the heavens itself. This ax on the other hand was forged in the deepest pits of hell by the devil himself, imbued with his darkest powers. Take the ax and claim its power and change your fate." Thawne said and while Cyrus looked dubious, he took the ax in his hands and immediately felt its power take him over and it was at that point that he believed Thawne.

"What's in all this for you?" Cyrus now asked Thawne.

"I'm building an army to destroy the Flash and everyone he loves and I want you to be one of my generals." Thawne said.

"I'll accept on the condition that I'm your second in command, since even with the power of this ax, I know I'm no match for you, since you wouldn't have given it to me if you didn't think you could take me out while I had it." Cyrus said.

"Deal. And you're right. Maybe not as dumb as I thought Cyrus." Thawne said.

"Cyrus McAdams died the moment I picked up this ax. I'm Brimstone now." Brimstone said and Thawne chuckled.

"Fair enough. Now, let's get to work. We have an army to build." Thawne said as he grabbed Brimstone and sped them both away.

Cyrus McAdams is played by Michael Cuditz, who played Lex Luthor on Superman and Lois, but in my opinion, Jon Cryer will always be the one true Lex Luthor of the Arrowverse, so Cuditz is playing a different villain instead.

Here's the image of Brimstone's ax: