Original story 2

Talena was in deep thought. She was just thinking about how to create a special retro mutagen for Karai. When she entered Donnie's lab without thought, she found the smart purple turtle sleeping on the chair. Seemed he just fell asleep while working on retro mutagen. Talena smiled and brought a blanket for him. She looked at his memo and read everything that was written.

"Hmm...I got it. I need to get this and that and..."

Talena started working alone. It was already night. Her sensei noticed the light was still turned on in the lab, and she found that her student was doing something.

"Taly, do you know what time is it now?"

"I'm sorry, sensei. But I need to do it."

"Okay, my girl. Be careful, don't stay up late."

"Hai, sensei."

However, Talena didn't keep a promise with her master. It was already 1 o'clock, but she was still experimenting.

"Agh!"

Suddenly, Donnie woke up screaming.

"Oh, it was just a nightmare..."

Then he noticed that someone covered him with a blanket. He looked around and found his new turtle friend was doing something.

"Talena...? What are you doing here?"

"Oh, um..."

The kunoichi got nervous.

"I was just...researching your works and...and......I'm sorry..."

"Why are you apologizing? It is great that there is someone who can understand what I am doing and even try to help me. Did you find something?"

"Um...well, I could only discover that uronic acid may make retro mutagen more powerful. But I didn't get any evidence yet, so I'm not sure."

"That's already a big progress!"

Donnie praised. Talena nodded and rubbed her eyes.

"Oh, you must haven't slept! Come here!"

Donnie took her hand and made her sit on his chair.

"I'll continue the work, so you can sleep."

"But..."

"You need a rest, your sister also said this."

"Hm, yes. You are right."

Talena giggled. During the experiments, the two were just talking about many things. Their favourite things, their problems between siblings, the loneliness because no one can understand their efforts, and so on. Talena and Donnie found, that they were very similar and had a lot of things in common.

"Oh, it is so fun to talk with you."

Donnie said smiling.

"I never felt something like that before."

Talena was surprised at his words and she was happy. She felt the same with him. This is something special feeling, warm and sweet.

Wait, am I...in...love... with him? She blushed hard, but she was too sleepy to think about it more. She closed her eyes. Donnie brought her to the sofa of his lab, and he soon fell asleep on the chair, watching Talena's face.