012. the otherside

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
TWELVE!
the otherside
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮TWELVE! the otherside╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

───────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────────

         "The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill her and pave a way into our world."

Ashley Parker couldn't believe the words that were being uttered aloud. She thought she was hearing made up story from a board game or maybe, the script to some cheap horror film but to hear that there was a monster lurking around their town, thirsty for human blood and death, was mind blowing to her.

But she was also terrified beyond belief. Just seeing a small piece of that monster taking safety in some girl's wound was enough to make her skin crawl. She didn't know how she'd react if she saw the monster in its full size. That was something she so desperately hoped would not happen any time soon.

Mike Wheeler was the first one to speak up, instantly gaining everyone's attention.

"And it almost did." Nancy announced. "That was just one tiny piece of it."

"How big is this thing?" Hopper questioned.

"It's big, thirty feet, at least." Jonathan confirmed.

"Yeah." Lucas nodded in agreement. "It sorta destroyed your cabin, sorry." He looked right at Hopper with a guilty look.

"Okay, so, just to be clear, this big fleshy spider thing that hurt El, it's some kind of gigantic.....weapon?" Steve asked in confusion.

"Yes." Nancy nodded.

"But instead of, like, screws and metal, the Mind Flayer made its weapon.....with melted people."

"Yes, exactly." Nancy confirmed.

"Yeah, okay, I'm just making sure." Steve's eyes widen in disbelief at the idea.

"Are we sure this thing is still out there, still alive?" Joyce Byers pondered in confusion.

"El beat the shit out of it but, yeah, it's still alive." Max confirmed in annoyance.

"But if we close the gate again....." Will began to explain but the redhead beat him to it.

"We cut the brain off from the body."

"And kill it, theoretically." Lucas awkwardly reminded the group.

"Yoo-hoo!"

The group turned at the sudden sound. They did not expect to be met with the sight of an older man, in a white beater, excitingly approaching them. He waltzed over to them before placing down a map that looked vaguely familiar to the scoops troops, onto the table for everyone to see.