Dancing (Jean x OC x Levi)

Marley was celebrating. Candlelight and folk music. Finger sandwiches and pumpkin ale. The tent was thick with perfume and clapping hands and swift dance steps.

Leaning her hip against the refreshment table, Karma watched Connie and Sasha swing dance in the center of a raucous circle. Pleated skirts swished. Gemstones winked. Karma downed the rest of her ale, slamming down the mug.

"You're not dancing. That's unlike you," commented a voice from behind her. Karma tilted her head to see Captain Levi. He looked dapper in a navy waistcoat and cravat. His hair was gelled back, smooth skin glowing in the candlelight.

Karma kicked aside the pebble she'd been rolling under her flats. It skidded into the center of the circle where Connie was dipping a giggling Sasha. "I'm not in a dancing mood."

Levi noted Jean's similar disposition across the tent and made a guess. "Lover's quarrel?"

"Something like that." Karma twirled her golden braid, peeking around the bowler hats and shawls. "Mikasa is supposed to be back with champagne. I really need a drink."

Levi folded his arms. "Waiting is a pointless endeavor. She's flirting with Eren. God knows that's gonna be a long conversation. Here." He handed her a partially drinken glass. She smelled whiskey.

"Thanks." Karma took a long sip, enjoying the heady flavor. With her lips pressed against the glass, it was an indirect kiss with her captain. That was sure to piss Jean off. Good.

"Wanna talk about it?" Levi said.

"It's stupid." Karma shook her head, exasperated. "Someone from Marley asked me to dance and he got jealous."

"That is stupid." Levi stepped closer and offered his hand. Karma thought he wanted the whiskey back until he said. "Shall we?"

"Make things worse?" Karma smirked. "Gladly."

Levi pulled her into the dancing throng. She'd never pegged him as a dancer, but he was surprisingly graceful. He slung off his suitcoat and gripped her waist, dipping her so her braid grazed the floor. Dizzy from the twirls, Karma forgot her anger at Jean. She was inebriated in this blissful moment with her captain.

The alcohol was fogging her head. Levi pulled her close to his chest. Her fingers latched to his waistcoat and she blinked through the stupor of his body warmth. His breath was against her hair, hot puffs whispering something sensual.

"—even more jealous?"

She didn't quite string together what he meant, but nodded along in the stirring daze. Then she felt his hot breath drip from her ear to her mouth. Captain Levi was kissing her in the middle of the dancefloor. Her eyes widened then drifted shut, breathing in the bite of whiskey and breathy heat. Her fingers chewed deeper into the fabric over his hard chest and shoulders. Her back arched and he was dipping her, mouth finally breaking to suckle her exposed throat.

Then she was back on her feet and Levi was suddenly ripped away from her.

"—fucking dick!"

It was Jean's voice, pealing above the fiddle and accordion. Another gasp from the crowd and thudding sound and Levi was staggering back, smirking.

"Worth it." He rubbed his jaw and locked eyes with Karma, who was still dazed from the unexpected kiss and its abrupt end.

"Karma, I'm sorry." Jean's hands were on her shoulders. The alcohol was still trickling through her and slowing the world to a blurry slosh. Jean's strong hands were on her back now and she was pressed against him. His apologies tangled in her hair and turned into kisses that found her lips.

His warm breath tasted sweet. It wasn't as inebriating as Levi's kiss, but it was familiar and comforting. Karma slowly realized how embarrassed she should feel. The Scout Regiment Captain kissed her then got punched by her jealous boyfriend. She should be mortified. But instead, she felt whole and right in Jean's arms.

"—happen again." The first half was lost in her hair, but she understood.

"It's alright Jean. I'm sorry too." Karma rose to her toes and pressed her lips against Jean's. Over his shoulder, she could see Levi still rubbing his jaw, still smirking. He met her eyes. Flushing, Karma ducked into Jean's shoulder and let him sway her into a slow dance.

The flavor of whiskey still burned in her throat.