241-250

Mo Qiang is unconsciousMo Qiang wasn't being greedy instead she was being practical, though she was lucky today. Something like this happened only once in a blue moon, what if she ended up getting into trouble with another mutated animal?

And it was surely going to happen as neither she nor Xiao Jiao were going to stop their nature revival plans. So, Mo Qiang was in desperate need of levelling up her king of the jungle aura lest she was to face another animal like this turtle tuber.

The turtle tuber did not move, she only stared at Mo Qiang just as Mo Qiang was thinking that the turtle tuber was going to snap that gigantic mouth of hers and bit her head off, the turtle tuber turned her neck and then picked out a big tuber that resembled an oval miniature boulder, with veins etched on it.

The turtle tuber clutched the tuber with her mouth before twisting her neck slowly around and then letting go of the slimy boulder.

Seeing the boulder drop, alarm bells started to run in Mo Qiang's head as she pushed the baby turtle tuber on the ground and rushed to catch the tuber. If it falls on the ground then she was going to become a goner!

Mo Qiang did not fancy the boulder exploding and poisoning her in a manner where she will lie in this cave for the next seven days and thus jumped in the air before cradling the boulder in her arms like it was a bomb.

"Humph!" Mo Qiang caught the tuber just in the nick of time but before she could heave a sigh of relief she realised that she had no wings on her back and without no damned wings on her back there was no way she could stay hanging mid-air. Which meant —— all hail gravity!

" AHHHH!" Mo Qiang screamed as she twisted in the air and stretched her hands out making sure that the tuber will not receive any impact.

And since she was in no movie with no one taking extra shots of her grand fall, Mo Qiang's back smacked on the concrete floor quite soon.

Thud.

With a bone-crushing noise, Mo Qiang hit the ground. The impact of her fall was so hard that her hands trembled but even so, she tried her best to make sure that her trembling hands wouldn't affect the tuber in any way, in case it exploded—— she was going to remain stuck here in this cave for seven days!

But the thing about unlucky people was that no matter how much they were away from the edge of death somewhere something will happen and they will die. Like if a man was hanging onto a cliff for his dear life at the north pole but if he was unlucky, he will die because somebody pulled a chair at the South Pole ——the moral of the story is if you are unlucky, you are dying no matter how bad you try.

And because Mo Qiang was in a group of unfortunate souls, the thing that she did not wish to happen was bound to happen. Thus, even if she somehow managed to save the tuber from receiving an impact at the cost of her body, something still triggered it. And the thing was ——

A teeny tiny piece of startite's orb.

Mo Qiang: Fck my life.

Because her landing was hard, the dangling piece of a startite orb broke free from the long jarred end of the sharpened blue edge and then fell on the tuber causing it to hiss and froth. Mo Qiang threw her head back, while staring at the roof of the cave she arched a savage brow and questioned, " Really? Is...Is this the time for this ?"

However, the explosion she was waiting for did not happen. Instead, the tuber only made sounds like a fissure but after a short while it went 'poof' and turned silent.