Chapter 1

'Thoughts'

"Talking"

(Little notes I make to help sometimes)

~Marinette's Pov~

It had become a routine.

I mean it had been going on for practically a year, I tried running to school early trying to get there before my class, failing, and finally getting beat by Lila and her sheep before school. At least this time it was only a few bruises and a scraped knee

I walked into the bathroom trying to help with my scraped knee, and Chloe came in shortly after

'great' I thought as she started touching up her makeup.

A while back Sabrina had left Chloe and she had been really upset, after she saw me she started walking over to me.

"Your makeup is running Dupain-chang, here" She handed me some water and tear-proof mascara. I didn't even realize that I was crying "I don't need it back, keep it," she said as she looked away and started walking. I grabbed her hand just before she left "Thanks Chloe, I'll pay you back" She looked back at me and smirked playfully "Not like you could pay for it"

~No POV~

So that's how it started

Although it escalated a bit with helping with notes, passing papers, and even talking a bit after class, and finally sitting together in the far back as good friends with a common enemy... Lila.

But even though she already had enough on her plate from dealing with Lila for nearly a year and a half, 6 months later she had more involuntary added to her plate.

She had to become the guardian due to Master Fu passing away (I haven't seen Miracle Queen yet, so it is not cannon here)

So she had free rain of the distribution of the miraculous, though she never really needed the help she did have another user join her sometimes. Although after a particularly hard Akuma, she landed in an alleyway beaten and bruised, Chloe had magically found her so she brought her to her room while she was still transformed.

So involuntarily she had then found out about her being Ladybug after her transformation ran out, it took awhile for Chloe to be trusted with the bee miraculously again. But after a while and some training, she became the new hero 'HoneyBee'.

After that day Marinette had come home only to find Lila at her house with fake bruises and blood on her, and her furious parents in front of her. that's how the neglect started

A few days later an Akuma showed up, so she and Chloe had to defeat it by themselves because Chat Noir had not been showing up for the past few months because of his jealousy towards HoneyBee

It took hours to defeat it.

It was the most gruesome akumas they've ever fought. There was blood everywhere, so many bodies littered the streets, some covered in Their own blood, and some sawed in half with their guts leaking out, others with their stomachs ripped out, somewhere decapitated. There was screaming... so much screaming.

All this was because a little girl who called herself 'The Rib Tickler' couldn't have any more snacks. So she decided if she couldn't have any snacks no one else could

In doing so she disemboweled and decapitated people. It took 5 hours to defeat the Akuma with the aid of Viper, a newer hero who pops up when needed. But a few days before the whole fight, to aid in them getting Hawkmoth a plan was put into place

Marinette had put small cameras on hers and the others' suits, as well as around the city to show some more footage of Ladybug and the others. After the Akuma was defeated the cure brought everyone back and erased the memories of everyone except Honey Bee and Ladybug. The cure turned the sky back into its beautiful purple sky littered with white stars and so being done for the night Marinette and Chloe went back to Chloe's room in the hotel and transformed back to themselves.

When they had transformed back to themselves, they had finally crashed into each other's arms on the floor bawling their eyes out, and occasionally leaving each other to throw up or get a blanket to keep warm as it was particularly cold that night.

It was then that she realized that Chat Noir was no longer fit to be a miraculous holder, Chat had never shown up since Marinette threatened to take away Plagg because of his behavior. But she had only done that for his good.

Chat was also getting out of hand, he was always saying they were meant for each other even though her goldish eye was visible because when she transformed her contacts disappeared. He even laughed when her left eye turned white, saying it was for the best and that they could finally be together. He was also refusing to help when it was needed

The next day she had found a contest for a trip to a place with her hidden soulmate: Gotham. So, after fangirling with Chloe, she read what the website said. So she found out the deadline which was in a month, and how you're able to enter. It said that you have to write 3, 2-page essays.

The first one is about why you would like to go, simple enough. She wanted to go for 3 reasons:

It was one of the last places her grandma took her before she passed away

She loved the scenery of Gotham during the day and the nighttime

She had found her soulmate there

The second one was a bit harder. It was about your class, but wanting the trip she decided to write about their future dream careers, and what they are doing to achieve them. Although it was a bit hard at first, she had brainstormed with Chole about everyone

the third one, the simplest in her mind was:

would you rather have all the money in the world?

Or your friends and family?

Easy, she chose her family. Because you can always have some type of family, whether it be blood, adoptive, or even like her, she had her chosen family of Chole and the Kwamiis. Even though it is small, it's her family. No matter how small it may seem.

But yes lots of money can help with many things, but it usually brings out more problems than it can fix

So being her, she finished all of them within 3 weeks and sent them in while still having 1 week left till the deadline.

It had taken so long because of the akumas, plus the bullying and work she was getting from Mrs. Bustier. It was all almost pushing her to not give her class the vacation, but her desire to go to one of the last places she had gone with her grandmother, and try and find her lost soulmate again kept her going. (I'm not gonna say that she finished all of them in one night. because that's an ungodly amount of time to finish 3, 2-page essays so she does it in 3 weeks)

Wow, that's a lot, I hope you guys like this. I tried to keep it the same but edited the text a bit! 

~1202 Words~

have a wonderful day/night/morning!! 

-Flannel :3