Chapter 1

A/N so I've finally mustered up the motivation to wrote this, it is going to be very different than the teaser chapter posted in my last book, I just found it not working out every time I tried to write. I also decided that I wanted this to be a Zoro fanfiction and I have a pretty good idea of the general plot.

I'm thinking about trying to draw up some art of the character for the book cover, but if anyone wanted to send anything they created in would love that.

Just a warning though, updates are probably going to be slow and the chapters will most likely not be as long as this one. That being said, I hope you enjoy this one, I love to hear what you guys are thinking so please leave a comment and vote if you enjoy!

Her tail feathers twitched slightly as she stalked the huge creature lurking under the water. She'd been watching it for a while, waiting for it to draw closer towards the island, and now that it had she adjusted her flight feathers for the awaiting pounce. It had taken an interest in something behind a cliff overhanging the water and was completely unaware of the waiting predator perched in a tree along the shore behind it. 

"Come on … come on," her talons loosened from the branch of the tree, her muscles tensing in anticipation, as she saw the spine of the sea king breach the water and his head begin to disappear behind the rock face. 

When it burst out of the water, lunging at whatever was hidden from view, she too burst out of the tree.

Silently and faster than a bullet she dove around the cliff face and saw what had caught the sea king's interest just before she sunk her talons into it. There was a ship with the head of a lion docked at the shore of the island with a crew of assorted individuals. She had just enough concentration available to notice it with surprise. 

The crew on the deck of the ship got ready to fight but it was no need as a blur of colors rammed straight into the sea king's head, knocking it away just before it slammed into the hull.

"What was that!!" Nami exclaimed, leaning against the ship railing as she watched the see king thrash with what looked like a giant, colorful bird with it's talons into its eyes. The sea king let out an agonizing screech and thrashed around, attempting to throw off the creature, but with a quick jerk of the leg, it stopped moving and fell limp.

"Monster!!!" Usopp was screaming while zoro, Sanji, and Luffy had an excited gleam in the eyes at the anticipated fight but where disappointed when the bird creature completely ignored them.

"It looks like a bird, but that big?" Robin was thinking to herself, arms crossed incase she needed her devil fruit powers.

The harpy jerked her head around, staring straight at the crew while holding her kill up in the air, wings beating to keep the heavy weight up. They seemed hesitant to attack and she saw that they were waiting on her move.

When she turned at them a half gasp half scream rose from the crew when they saw it wasn't a bird but a harpy. 

The harpy had long, sleek wings protruding from her back with beautiful, bright blue feathers and a mix of orange and reds throughout. Her long dark hair was complemented with long thin feathers stemming from her hair line. A plume of feathers extended from her wings down her spine to a long decorative tail. Dark talons tipped with sharp claws started halfway down her calfs and replaced her feet. Small, colorful feathers lined the backs of her forearms and outside of her thighs as well. She wore a simple black cropped tank top with thin straps and matching black shorts, what looked like a shark tooth necklace, and the cuffs of metal shakles around her wrists and ankles. 

"Hey!!" Luffy yelled, jumping onto the railing, "it's that chick from Punk Hazard!"

He was about to send a fist towards the harpy when Nami quickly stopped him, "no it's not!! They don't even look alike."