Chapter 4

3 weeks later...

Vernessa dragged into the house and sighed as she threw her purse in Daniel's recliner. She took off her heels and sleepily walked to the couch. She couldn't make it upstairs. And as far as a bath she'd do that in the morning. She was dog tired. Running 2 full time businesses and being First Lady at a church was HARD. She was considering selling the store, then the hour drive makes it worse. She laid a blanket on the couch and laid down falling asleep.

Daniel came downstairs and seen her on the couch and chuckled, hearing her light snores. He sat on the couch and rubbed her arm. She swatted his hand away and kept her eyes close. He showered her face in kisses and she opened her eyes.

"Hey baby." He smiled.

"Hey Daddy. Why you still up?" She smiled with the sleepiest voice.

"I was waiting for you. Why you on the couch?" He asked.

"I'm too tired to make it upstairs." She sighed.

Not saying another word, he pulled the blanket back and picked her up. He carried her upstairs and she smiled. He laid her on the bed and rubbed her leg.

"I'm gonna run you a nice hot bath and warm you up some dinner." He told her.

"Okay." She nodded.

He ran her bath water and put epsom salt and eucalyptus oil in the tub. He lit a few of her favorite candles and put some bubbles and rose petals in the water. When he finished he helped her undress and get into the tub.

"Baby, relax and take your time. When you get done your dinner will be waiting. Along with a little something extra." He kissed her.

He turned off the light setting the mood for her and she smiled. She relaxed for a few minutes and washed her body. When she finished she seen he didn't get her a towel.

"Daddy!" She called out.

He came in and she seen he already held the towel in his hand. She stepped out the tub and he dried her off and put her robe on her. She tied the strings loosely and put on her house shoes.

"Sit on the bed for me mama." He said.

Without thinking she bit her bottom lip, the raspiness in his voice when it was late turned her on. He could get whatever he wanted with that voice.

"Yes daddy." She nodded.

She walked into the bedroom and sat on the bed. He came over and rubbed her down with her favorite lotion. Palmer's cocoa butter. She was close to falling asleep right then. He rubbed her feet and she dozed off. When he finished he washed his hands and went to get her dinner. She put on her robe and ate her dinner. When she finished he went downstairs and she went to brush her teeth. When she finished she got into bed and he came in. He turned off the light and got into bed with her. She laid on his chest and he rubbed her back.

"Tomorrow, we're both taking a day off. To relax and you can get your rest." He told her.

"Daddy, I can't just take tomorrow off. I have so many appointments and I just can't do that. Then the store has a truck coming." She said.

"I handled all of that already. All of your clients are going to the other stylists. And I checked on the truck. Its been delayed. You're staying home."

"But-"

"But nothing. You're gonna do what I said." He cut her off.

Not wanting to upset him she sighed in defeat. She knew he wouldn't let her even persuade him into going to just the shop or just the store.