Chapter 1

Vernessa(December 25, 1983)...

Vernessa stood in the center of her grandfather's living room surrounded by her grandfather, all 3 of her aunts, closest friends, clients from her hair salon, some of the members from the church, Daniel's mother, his friends and other Reverends an...

Vernessa stood in the center of her grandfather's living room surrounded by her grandfather, all 3 of her aunts, closest friends, clients from her hair salon, some of the members from the church, Daniel's mother, his friends and other Reverends and their wives.

"Vernessa, baby these years of being with you have been nothing less of amazing. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Baby, will you make me the happiest man and marry me?" Daniel asked as he was on one knee.

Vernessa looked down at him with tears in her eyes. She couldn't believe he wanted to marry her. She smiled so big as she stared into his eyes.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Of course I'll marry you!" She screamed as she smiled.

He slid the ring on her finger and stood up. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her deeply. They pulled away and looked at their families, looking at them with smiles.

"Oh baby this is the best Christmas gift ever." She smiled and placed a small kiss on his lips.

"I'm getting married!" She squealed as she held her hand out for everyone to see her ring.

They all congratulated them and wished them well. Vernessa was so excited she couldn't help smiling. She was deeply in love with Daniel, which is why she's so happy to marry him. Daniel loved her just as much, she made him into a better man without even noticing.

After the party....

Everyone had left Edward's house, leaving only him, Vernessa, his daughters and Daniel. She had noticed her grandfather looked a bit sad. She walked over to him and rubbed his shoulder.

"Poppy, whats wrong?" She asked him as she sat on the arm of the chair he sat in.

"Don't get me wrong Sunshine, I'm very happy for you. But I'm sad because I'm losing my little girl. You're getting married, you're gonna move away and start a life of your own. Leaving me alone, only being able to see you on holidays and at Church." He said.