-Chapter 004-

Y/N'S POV:

''I remember the day Will tried to teach me to draw.'' I say to Mike. ''We ran out of the color red so we used my mother's lipstick.''

Mike turns his head towards El.

''Can you please stop that?'' He asks her.

She was tuning his walkie.

She turns it off.

But then turns it back on again.

''Are you deaf?'' Mike yells to Eleven.

''I thought we were friends, you know? But friends tell each other the truth. And they definitely don't lie to each other.'' Mike begins. ''You made me think Will was okay, that he was still out there. But he wasn't.''

''Maybe you thought you were helping, but you weren't. You hurt me.'' 

''And you hurt Y/n. Do you understand? What you did sucks.'' Mike continues.

''Lucas was right about you. All along.'' Mike adds. 

I glared at Mike.

Then we heard a familiar voice.

''So, come on and let me know. Should I stay or should I go?~''

We raced over to where El was sitting as blood dripped from her nose.

El passed the walkie to Mike.

He tuned it. ''Will, is that you? It's Mike! Do you copy?!'' He frantically asked.

''Was that...'' I begin.

''Will.'' Eleven finishes my sentence with a small smile.

''We keep losing the signal but you heard it right?'' Mike asks.

''Yeah. I heard a baby.'' Lucas comments.

I shot him a crazy look.

''Mike, you guys obviously taped into a baby monitor!'' Lucas exclaims. ''It's probably the Blackburns next door.''

''Uh, did that sound like a baby to you?'' Mike asks him back. ''That was Will!''

''Mike---''

''Lucas, you don't understand! He spoke last nights. Words!'' Mike says. ''He was singing that weird song he loves. Both El and Y/n heard him!''

''Oh, well if the weirdo heard him then---''

''Are you sure you're on the right channel?'' Dustin asks.

''I don't think it's about that.'' Mike responds. ''I think somehow she is channeling him.''

''Like Professor X!'' Dustin says with a smile.

''Are you actually believing this crap?'' Lucas asks.

''I don't know.'' Dustin says. ''I mean, do you remember when Will fell off his bike and broke his finger? He sounded a lot like that.''

''Did you guys not see what I saw? They pulled Will's body out of the water. He's dead.'' Lucas shouts.

''Well, maybe it's his ghost. Maybe it's haunting us.'' Dustin says.

''It's not his ghost.'' Mike replies.

''And how do you know that?'' Lucas asks.

''I just do!'' Mike exclaims.

''Then what was in that water?'' Lucas asks him.

''I don't know!'' Mike responds. ''All I know is that Will is alive! He's out there somewhere. All we have to do is find him!''