CHAPTER 3

6 HOURS AGO:

"Ok to doctor se mil sakte hain ham ab?" Mahi bhai asked unbothered to mask the urgency in his tone."

"Jee doctor abhi OT se agaye hain to aap log baat karsakte hain" and nurse left while they all moved towards the OT.

And there they saw the doctor, a charming lady in her late twenties coming out while the traces of anxiousness and weariness were etched on her face. They all just charged towards her bombarding her with questions which only appears as commotion to her. She just stared blankly at their faces trying to register their voices.

"Ek minute ek minute sb chup hojao let her speak at least" Rishabh yelled trying to calm them.

"Hi I'm Dr. Anushka. I am the one treating Mr. Kohli. Aap log ek ek karke apni queries clear kar sakte hn" said Anushka trying her best to keep her professional facade.

" Chee.. Virat, how's he?" asked Mahi bhai.

"Yeah so apparently he is getting better like the surgery was successful. Do goliyan lagi thi but fortunately koi vital organ damage nahi hoa hai blood loss zyada hogya tha but he'll recover. But..." she pauses for a second and quickly covered up saying "so no need to worry"

"Can we see him?" asked Rohit desperately.

" Umm Not now, he is unconscious. Abhi wo hosh me aajayen to then we will see." Anushka replied observing the guilt on their faces silently.

"There's nothing to worry right?" Rahul asked scared.

"For now everything seems fine but let's pray for the best" Anushka replied.

A nurse was moving in panic, so Anushka stopped her, "Is everything fine?"

"Nahi actually na media me ye baat leak hogaye hai ke Virat Kohli hamare hospital me hain. Sab media portals bahar khade hain and the crowd is just getting out of control because we were not prepared for it."

"But ye baat bahar kaise aaye?" Anushka wondered aloud and looked towards the team.

"Ohh actually wo ham ne jaldi me dehan nahi diya and...." Mahi bhai gives an apologetic look and Anushka takes a deep breath.

"Aap log please wahan wait karen I'll let you knowwhen you can meet him." Anushka said politely and they leave but Rishabh stayed back. He looked at Anushka silently and she smiled softly.

"Theek ho na?" asked Rishabh with concern.

"Vi...rat theek hojaega tension mat lo tum" Anushka replied.

"Mujhe pata hai aap ho na to bhaiya to theek hi honge aap theek ho?" Rishabh asked.

"Hmm bas a little drained but I am fine" Anushka for the very first time smiled genuinely.

"Ary aap apna khayal rakho na aap ko kuch hoa to Vi...rat bhaiya theek kaise honge" Rishabh said playfully trying to lighten the mood and Anushka looked at him with wide eyes.

"Rish tu..." Anushka's face has a light shade of pink as she looks at him surprised.

"Ary me to bas aapko yad kara raha tha savdhan rahen satark rahen. Hamari team buddhu nahi hai 2 minute me pakad legi theek hai to me jata hon" Rishabh winked at her and runs joining the team.

"Tu kya baat kar raha tha us doctor se?" Bhuvi asked Rishabh as he joined them.

"Kuch nahi bas health ka pooch raha tha" Rishabh replied nonchalantly and Bhuvi nodded.

BACK TO PRESENT

Team came out of the OT trembling stumbling with tear stricken faces they somehow managed to go till the waiting room.