CHAPTER 1

DISCLAIMER: This story is a piece of fiction, and I don't know anyone of them personally and the content written is based on what I've heard & read about them. Thus, in reality their personalities and reactions may vary. It's not intended to hurt anyone's sentiments. Happy reading!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mahi bhai Ro trust me mene kuch nahi kiya h apko lagta h ke me aisa kuch kr skta hon?"

"Han to bata kahan ghayab tha tu match se pehle Virat. World cup finals se important kya kam tha tujhe?"

"Cheeku baat kya hai sach bata ke khatam karo na "

"Me nahi bata sakta aap sabko ke me kahan tha lekin trust me mene kuch nahi kiya"

"Kuch nahi kiya? Kuch nahi kiya tu ne Virat. Really? Tune hamari 5 saal ki mehnat, asha or intezar sab barbad kardiya ham sabka sapna or vishwas dono tod diya or kuch nahi kiya"

"Trust me Ro tujhe lagta hai me aisa kuch karsakta hon. Jinks Rahul tum log samjhao na isse ye pagal hogaya hai"

"Virat ham kya smjhaen hamen to khud kuch smjh nhi arahi ke tu aisa..."

"Nahi bhaiya mujhe nahi lgta Virat bhaiya aisa kuch karsakte hn, ham jante hain na unhe hmne dekha hai unhe. Proofs kuch bhi bolen per ham jante hain na ke ye sach nahi hai"

"Tu chup kar Rishabh ham teri tarah bewaqoof hain na andhe smjha"

"Kulya tu bhi" 

Rishabh was just staring the hospital walls shedding silent tears and repeating all those dreadful words in his mind. He was happy momentarily thinking that finally his bhaiya was free from all those crap allegations but at the cost of his life was something he never wanted. He just looked around and the visuals just broke his heart furthermore if they could.

They were just a bunch of despaired people trying to absorb the reality. Harry contrary to his personality was just sitting emotionlessly without uttering a single word. Yuzi, Kuldeep and Jassi were crying inconsolably, Jaddu and Bhuvi were trying to comfort them while their own lips were shivering as if barely controlling from breaking down. Rahul's condition was no less miserable, he sat at a corner away from everyone staring into nothing. Rohit and Mahi bhai were crying without realizing they are.

Rohit's head was spinning with all the information he has found. He could not believe he denied trusting Virat, his best friend. He was not there for him when he was depressed, when he was alone fighting and when he needs him the most. Virat was always there for him when he was at his lowest in career, when he had a breakup or when he was just randomly homesick. He was there with each one of us with his annoying arguments, stupid jokes and crazy antics lifting our mood and when he needed us we just denied trusting him and he looked at Mahi bhai only to realize he's feeling the same way.

They all were broken and lost looking more horrible than they did when they lost the World Cup. They were drunk on worry, fear, agony, guilt and again fear and anger. No matter how much they denied but they missed him, his presence in these 4 months. Though they had Mahi bhai but still the hole Virat's absence created was unneglectable.

Virat was a big constant in their lives annoying them with his presence. On field he was a reckon force but a goof ball off-field. He was there with his crazy antics sometimes giving mature sensible advice and the other time doing crazy pranks with the juniors or dancing crazily on some Punjabi songs. He was a complete entertainment package playing whatever role required. Those filthy words they had thrown at him and his pleads were constantly ringing in their ears.

Their trance was broken by Rohit's voice.

"Me Virat ke pass ja raha hon. Tum log aarahe ho?" He said to no one in particular.

"Par doctors ne bola na ke..". Bhuvi tried to reason but was harshly cut off by Rohit. 

"I don't care about them at this moment. I'm going to see him either anyone is coming or not."

They all stood silently accompanying him one after another except Rahul.

"Rah", Mahi bhai called him softly but he didn't respond.

 Harry leaped towards him and shook him.

"Virat ko dekh kar aate hain na ek bar", rohit spoke in and before rahul could respond he was dragged by harry.

Rahul looked at all of them and wordlessly followed them.

Aap theek ho na" Rishabh asked concerned.

"Agar usne humse milne se mana kar diya to" Rahul asked meekly and Rishabh blinked his eyes to hold back his tears.

They all were standing at the door of OT trying to peek through the glass of the door inside the room pushing each other.

"Mahi bhai thora hato na" Rohit said trying to get a view in the room.

"Ary Harry tu kahan ghus raha hai" Mahi bhai scolded Harry but he turned a deaf ear.

In between this struggle, they accidently pushed Rishabh and he fell inside the room and Virat slowly looked toward him and smiled softly.

"Vi ko hosh agaya hai" Rohit said with teary-eyes and they all moved inside the OT.

"Rish tu..." Virat begin weakly and just then his eyes fall on those concerned faces and his smile dropped.

"Cheeku kaisa h tu?" Mahi bhai asked.

"Dard to nahi horaha na tujhe ham doctor ko bulaen." Rohit's voice was laced with pain and concern.

Virat just looked at them while his face was morphed into utter horror and he started breathing heavily.

"Cheeku tu theek hai?" Mahi bhai was first one to notice and slowly came close.

"Stay away. Tum log kyun aaye ho yahan haan kyun aate ho bar bar. Jao yahan se chod do mera peecha." Virat said harshly breathing heavily.

Mahi bhai stumbled in his track and looked at him shocked while team's heart dropped.

"Vi sun to tu aisa mt bol", Rohit literally begged her.

"Nahi phir se nahi mujhe pata hai tum log phir ghayab hojaoge tum log phir chale jaoge mujhe chodke ab nahi aonga me tum logon ke trap me just leave from here. Virat spoke in his daze and try to get up from the bed.

Just then Anushka entered the room and a relieved rushed through her face seeing Virat in his senses which was quickly replaced by concern and fear.

"Ye log.. inko nikalo yahan se inko..." Virat said breathing heavily.

"Aap log yahan kya kar rahe hain. Everyone just clear the room within a minute. Go out." Anushka quickly went to Virat asking him to lay down without even bothering to look at them and they all left silently.

Vi calm down breath breath. Anushka tried to comfort him while injecting a drug.

Nushkie wo... phr se wohi sb.... dekha phir chale gaye mujhe pta tha ye... Virat spoke sobbing.

Hn hn lay down. Relax breath. Relax kar tu sab theek Anushka consoled him while he just holds her hand as she injected relaxant making him doze off.

A/N Hey Everyone, the first part is here. Hope you all liked it. Next update depends on your response as the author is too lazy to write and your comments are my only source of motivation. Keep reading!