Carly...

Freddie had just settled into his apartment, trying to distract himself with a video game, while Carly was out with Sam. The evening seemed calm until there was a sudden, shocking knock at the door. Startled, Freddie got up to answer it, not expecting anyone.

To his disbelief, when he opened the door, there stood Pearl, his ex, looking both remorseful and desperate. Their unexpected reunion left Freddie stunned, as memories and emotions from their past relationship rushed back to him. Unsure of how to react, he hesitated, letting Pearl inside as they faced a complicated and unexpected moment.

As Freddie let Pearl inside, his mind was a whirlwind of confusion and conflicting emotions. He couldn't help but think, "Why is she here? Carly is my soon-to-be wife." With his heart still belonging to Carly and their upcoming wedding, Freddie was faced with a difficult choice, torn between his history with Pearl and his commitment to the woman he loved.

Meanwhile, Pearl stood before him, looking for answers and a chance to explain her return, unaware of the turmoil that was brewing in Freddie's mind. The situation had become more complicated than he could have ever imagined, and he knew that he had some tough decisions to make.

Pearl: (with a tremor in her voice) "Freddie, I know this is unexpected, but I had to see you. I've changed, and I want to make amends for everything in the past. Can we talk, please?"

Freddie: (conflicted) "Pearl, this is complicated. I'm engaged to Carly now. What could you possibly want after all this time?"

Pearl: (earnestly) "I understand it's not easy, Freddie. I just need a chance to explain and to make things right. I've been working on myself, and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me."

Freddie: (hesitating) "I don't know, Pearl. This is a lot to take in. I need some time to think about this. Please, give me some space."

Pearl: (with a hopeful expression) "Of course, Freddie. I'll wait for your decision. I just hope you can see the person I've become, and maybe we can find a way to heal the past."

As Freddie sat down, his thoughts were a whirlwind of emotions and indecision.

Freddie: (thinking to himself) "Carly is my soon-to-be wife, the love of my life. We've built a future together, and our wedding is just around the corner. But then there's Pearl, my past, my mistakes, and my unresolved feelings. How did she reappear just when everything seemed settled? Can I trust her? Can I forgive her?"

The weight of his choices and the tangled web of emotions left Freddie in a state of inner turmoil, torn between his history and the future he had envisioned with Carly.

Freddie, still grappling with his feelings, finally mustered the courage to address Pearl.

Freddie: (curious and cautious) "Pearl, what is there to explain? We've been through so much in the past, and it was incredibly painful for both of us. I've moved on, and I'm about to marry Carly. Why have you come back after all this time?"

Pearl: (earnestly) "Freddie, I understand the confusion and the pain I caused. I want to explain the reasons behind my actions, to apologize, and to make amends. I've changed, and I believe we both deserve closure."

Freddie, still torn between his past and present, continued to listen to Pearl, struggling to decide whether to open a door to his past or firmly keep it closed.

Pearl was pouring her heart out to Freddie, saying, "I really love you," as she hoped to express her genuine feelings for him. Just as she uttered those words, the door swung open, and Carly, who had returned home earlier than expected, walked in on the conversation.

Carly's face fell, and her heart sank as she heard Freddie seemingly declare his love for Pearl.

Carly: (hurt and shocked) "Freddie, what did you just say?"