Chapter four: painting

'BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEE-'

You wake up to the sound of your alarm going off on your phone and look around confused, you grab your phone and check the time. "07:09..." you mutter as you groan, you're exhausted as you had been texting Eren all night.

You had really hit it off with him so much so that you didn't even notice the time and fell asleep early in the morning. You get up and put your uniform on and head to the bathroom to do your teeth and skin care routine. You hear your phone vibrate on the bed as you do.

When your done you check your phone and smile subconsciously, it's Eren and he's texted you good morning. You reply back and he instantly responds asking what you're up to today. You tell him the usual that you'll be in the art class after school and he responds with a 'ok'.

You quickly have breakfast and head off to school, meeting Sasha on the way there as she's actually on time for once. She's rants to you about how her ,Connie and Jean are having a cooking battle soon to see who's the best chef out of all of them. You sigh hearing that knowing they're going to drag you into this and you'll probably have to be someone's cooking partner.

You both arrive on time and sit in your seats waiting for me Ackerman to come in and take the register.

Sasha turns to you, "so how was detention? Did mr Ackerman make you do any punishments like cleaning?" She laughs thinking about it. You turn to her and smirk, "no actually we just had to sit there, he was too busy talking to mr smith".

Her eyebrow raises, "we? Who's we?" You blush a bit and smile awkwardly, "well I wasn't the only one, turns out Eren had detention too and well.. we exchanged notes and one thing led to another and I gave him my Instagram" you smile thinking about it, happy that you did.

Her eyes gleam and she smirks and nudges your shoulder "be honest you have a bit of a crush don't you~" she teases in a song song voice. You shove her back and deny it but there's no changing what she believes. Before she could tease you anymore Mr Ackerman walks in and tells everyone to quiet.

-

The bell rings and it's lunchtime, you pack your things and head towards the cafe area. As your walking you see Eren and his friends and he sees you too ,he gives you a small smile and a wave and you return the gesture. Mikasa turns and gives you a weird look before grabbing erens attention again and they continue on to the cafe area.

You reach the cafe and you see Sasha , Connie and Jean all sat together with extra food waiting for you. You sit down and laugh at them as Connie started slapping Sasha as she was trying to steal his beef , Jean rolls his eyes before turning to you.

"Say y/n... is it true you're talking to Yeager?"

Sasha and Connie stop and then start staring to see what you say. "Yeah why?" You ask a bit nervously as Jean seemed a bit annoyed. "Look.. I'm warning you now ,Yeager is an ass he's super annoying and has anger issues I wouldn't talk to him he's got serious mental problems " he says angrily chewing on his beef.

Connie laughs and smacks him over the head, " hahaha you're only saying that because he's ruining your chances with mikasa bro and that he made you look stupid infront of her... sure he can be annoying and has some issues but I've noticed he's a lot quieter recently" he says looking in erens direction.

"Shut up Connie I don't care he's an ass I don't fucking like the guy he-" he's cut off as he starts chocking on his beef. Connie starts laughing as he gets up and starts coughing ,grabbing onto him clearly dying. Connie has to grab him from behind and smack his back as he coughs the beef up, unfortunately eren , mikasa and armin weren't far from your table and they witness the whole thing of Jean embarrassing himself infront of the 'love of his life'.

You Sasha and Connie start dying of laughter as jeans sat there with his face in his arms red as a tomato clearly embarrassed mikasa saw that, you can hear him mutter erens name under his breath probably blaming him for the whole situation.

The rest of the lunch break is spent Connie telling you about the first time jean talked to mikasa saying 'her hair was pretty' and how stupid he looked while doing it.

Lunch passes quickly and so does the rest of the day, soon enough the school day is over and you're in art room setting up your paints and humming tunes to yourself.

"Hi" you hear someone whisper into your ear, and you shiver and jump a bit turning to see Eren. "AHH you scared me!... what're you doing here?" You ask holding your chest.

He laughs softly and your heart skips a beat and twists. "You said you'd be here and I wanted to see you" he smiles softly and leans in "so where's this painting you were on about last night?".

"Ugh well it's over here-" you stop and start panicking and you go red as you realise you quite literally had painted him and you don't want him to see that and think your a weird stalker that's obsessed with him, there's no way you could tell him that you had dreams about him.

He raises an eyebrow and follows your eyes to your painting that's covered by fabric, he walks over and before you can stop him he unveils it. It's silent as he stares at it taking it in and you want to die and jump out of the window from embarrassment.

"UH ITS NOT WHAT TOU THINK I SWEAR-" you try to explain but you stop as he whispers

"This is it.."