before it all

Today was my first day of high school.

I have been dreading this day for months. I can't believe my mom made me move back to Philadelphia, the place I always wanted to escape when I was younger. She keeps telling me it will be different this time and that it's been years since we were last here. The only real reason we did move back was because of my mom's new modelling job. She used to do modelling here in Philadelphia up until I was about 10. We had a 5-year break in Virginia to continue her work, but now we are back where it started.

I loved Virginia; I had a lot of friends there. My life was practically perfect. I can't even occasionally visit my friends, as they are over 6 hours away! Whereas here, I got bullied all throughout elementary school.

The only person who helped me through it was my best friend Faye. I'm going to the same high school as her. At least I have someone, even if I haven't met her in 5 years.

Me and my mom have an average-sized house near the city. She makes a good amount of money for us two to be stable. And, oh, in case you're wondering, my father left, not for the milk, but he also stated that he was going for a young model because apparently my mom was getting 'too old'. Anyway, enough of the backstory; let's get into the real sh*t.