26

Chapter Twenty-six

Tina's Pov

"Mom is leaving." I informed her. Me and Ethan were going to hang out today, and he said he had a few things he wanted to talk to me about.

I saw her sitting on the couch placed near the window, lost in her thoughts.

"Mom," I called out again, but still there was no response.

I walked towards her, tapping her slightly. She moved, then turned towards me, smiling.

"What's wrong, Mom?" I asked her, taking my seat beside her.

"Nothing, nothing; I was just thinking about some stuff." She said she was smiling.

"Stuff like what?" I asked her

"It's just so hard, dear. I can't remember anything about you, and it's so painful.. She said as a tear slid down her cheeks.

"How can I forget my own child, a child I kept in my belly?" She said she was trying, breaking my heart more.

I pulled into a hug, tears sliding down my face as well. I really don't want her hurting like this, but still, I couldn't tell her the truth.

"Mom, it's alright; it's not your fault, honestly; please don't cry and stress yourself. Please. " I whispered, hugging her tightly.

"But it is; I am your mother; it's my responsibility to watch over you. So how could I forget about you, just like  that?"She was crying.

"It's just a simple slip, so how can I forget about you?" She asked again.

"You probably hate me, right?" She asked, looking at me, while I shook my head furiously, trying to wipe her tears.

"No, no, no, mother, it's not possible. I cannot even bring myself to hate you." I asked, grabbing her cheeks so she could look into my eyes and see the sincerity in them.

There was a knock on the door, and it opened immediately. Alex stood there, his smile falling once he saw the both of us.

"What's wrong?" He asked, coming towards us.

"Nothing; we were just talking." Aunt Lynn said, wiping her tears.

"Common." She said that, stretching her hands towards him, he came and sat down at her other side, hugging her.

"I am so blessed to have the both of you, and I pray that no matter what, I will try to cherish the moments I have with you guys." She smiled through her tears.

After a while, when we all calmed down, I heard her gasp, and she released me from the hug.

"I thought you had a hangout planned with your friend." She asked, and I nodded my head, smiling.

"Common, hurry now; you don't want to keep him waiting." She said, and I smiled, kissing her forehead before hurrying downstairs, where I surprisingly found Ethan seated on the couch waiting for me.

"Hey," I said, walking towards him.

"I am so sorry; something came up with my aunt and mom, and I had to take care of it. Sorry for keeping you waiting." I said with a sad face, hoping he wouldn't get mad, as I knew he hated waiting for someone.

"Nahh, it's okay; I was just worried since I did not see you, so I decided to come and check on you." He smiled, and I smiled back at him.

"Common, let's go." He stood up, dropping the glass of juice on the glass table, and we both made our way out of the house.

Lynn's Pov

I looked down from my room as I watched her drive away with a guy she told me was her friend.

I picked up my phone and dialed a number on it, placing it in my ear.

The phone rang, and the person on the other side picked up the call after the second ring.

"Hello Joe, I need you to keep an eye on my daughter for me; she just went out.. I said before ending the call, after receiving an okay from the other party.

I couldn't trust anybody anymore; my sister Lexi had told me something happened to my daughter once, and that's why I was like this.

I may not have gotten to the bottom of what happened yet, but I did not want to lose my daughter's memory for the second time.

I put on my slippers and made my way downstairs.

"Mom, is everything alright?" Alex asked me. I was quiet sometimes before I decided to voice out my worries.

"Alex, do you think we can trust this guy that Tina went out with?" I finally asked.

"Sure, Mom. I know him to some extent and know he won't do anything to her; he cares for her.."He was assuring me.

But something clicked in my mind, and I immediately drew him closer, taking him to the living room.

"Is he his boyfriend?" I whispered, trying to get some information on my daughter.

Tina was a very secretive person, and I don't know why. I'm still trying to figure out why I haven't found any pictures of us together.

But the doctors said they asked Alex to get rid of them so I could heal faster, which made me confused, as I thought the reverse was supposed to be the case.

Wasn't I supposed to see and know everything about my daughter so that my memory might jog back? But who am I to argue? The doctor said that method was more harmful and I needed to take it slow and steady.

"Mom! Mom!" Alex called out, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yes dear." I answered, smiling at him.

"Are you alright?" He asked, concerned.

"Yes, I just thought of Tina; having a boyfriend, that's all." I answered.

"Well, as I was saying, this guy is not her boyfriend, but she does have someone she's having a thing with, but it's not yet official. I am sure she will introduce you to him soon; don't worry, mom.."He said he was smiling.

I smiled back at him, happy to know my girl was drawing the attention of men just like her mom.

"Alright then, if you say so." I smiled. 

"What about you? Any news? Who is the latest?" I asked.

"Mommmmm!" He whined, making me laugh.