𝑃𝐴𝑅𝑇 𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝑇𝑌-𝑂𝑁𝐸

TOM POV

"FUCK!" I shouted, at the top of my lungs.

"Calm down Tom, just calm down!" Bill rubbed my shoulders reassuringly. "You expect me to calm down?!" I shouted, pushing past him.

"It's gonna be fine! Just stop yelling!" He shouted back. "I told her I didn't love her anymore! How is that going to be fine?!" I slammed all the books off the shelf.

"Tom!" He yelled.

I collapsed on the floor, starting to cry. "She did it to me Bill, it's all happening again." I sobbed, putting my head into my knees.

"Tom." He pouted, sliding down next to me. "I can't breath anymore, I can't fucking deal with this anymore. I can't." My voice started to crack, it felt like all I had been doing these past two years was crying.

First over Lucia, and now over Maivy.

"Do you want to call her again?" He asked. "Do you think I should?" I sniffled, looking up at him.

"Let's call her." Bill nodded, taking his phone out. "Do you think she'll take me back?" I looked over his phone, seeing him dial her number.

"She has to, you need her." He clicked the call button, getting up. Bill started to pace around waiting for her to answer. I sat there patiently, knowing he'd take care of it for me.

"Hi yes, Dr. Wyatt?" Bill said calmly.

"Could we schedule an appointment? It's getting bad again." He sniffles, wiping his nose. Bill crosses his arms, as he talked.

He pulls his attention from the phone, looking directly at me. "Yes, he's been in contact with Lucia."

I interlocked my fingers over my head, waiting for the conversation to be over. "No he's not on his meds." Bill shook his head, fucking hell those meds.

I mean sure, they kept me from trying to jump off a bridge but... I just wasn't me. When I was on them, they make me feel absolutely horrible.

"I don't think he wants to get back on them, no." He disagreed. ... "Alright thank you, we'll be there soon." Bill thanked her, before hanging the phone up.

"She's available right now, get your stuff. We're going." Bill says sternly, throwing me my jacket.

I simply nodded, not responding. I put my jacket on, and laced my shoes. Getting ready to leave.

-

"So talk to me about Lucia." Dr. Wyatt clicked her pen, putting it down.

"Lucia isn't the issue, i'm over her." I mumbled, patting my index finger against my knee, looking down. "Then what's the issue?" She asked, now writing some stuff down. I shrugged. "I don't know."

"Well, there's obviously a reason you're here so.. what is it Tom?" She leaned back in her chair,

"Maivy." I stated simply.

"And who's Maivy?" I could tell she was watching out for my body language, anything unusual. But I wouldn't crack.

"I um.. she's my girlfriend, well was." I responded. "You finally got a girlfriend again? Hm.." She nodded, writing more stuff down.

"What are you writing?" I looked up at her notepad.

"Nothing, just taking notes." She shrugged, putting her notepad down on the middle of the table. She wasn't trying to trigger me, I knew Dr. Wyatt well.

"And having a girlfriend again... how does that make you feel?" Dr. Wyatt followed up. "It fucking sucks, love isn't real." I scoffed, licking my teeth.

"Have you and Maivy ever said I love you?" She picked her notepad back up, I didn't respond. Tapping my leg up and down, uncontrollably.

"I guess i've gotten my answer." Dr. Wyatt chuckled.

"I don't know why i'm here." I admitted. "Well, of course you do Tom. You need help, and that's why we're here. Have you gotten those thoughts back?"

I furrowed my brows, confused.

"I'm not trying to fucking kill myself, if that's what you're trying to get at." I remarked, Dr. Wyatt curved her lips, throwing one leg over the other.

"Just listening." She laughed, trying to lighten the mood. "Well you're an ass therapist, I don't know why I came back." I scratched my brows.

"If that's what you believe, then so be it. But i'm trying to get to the root of your issues, why is Maivy the reason you decided to come here? Did she do something? Did it hurt your feelings?" She asked.

"Well no shit sherlock." I snickered.

"So what did she do?" Dr. Wyatt leaned forward, anticipating my answer.

"She manipulated me." I nodded slowly, sniffling. "And does that resurface old feelings?" Dr. Wyatt tilted her head gently. "You could say that." I replied.

"How do those feelings make YOU feel." She put the emphasis on 'You.' ... "Bad." I said.

"Define bad." She added. "Well, it's not nice that she betted on our relationship, but that was before she knew about Lucia. But then after she found out, she still manipulated me into being with her." I explained.

"But yet, you still love her. Why?" Dr. Wyatt clears her throat.

"Because she's undeniably her, everything about her makes me curious. No matter the things she does, or how badly she fucks me up. I'll still love her, but I don't know why. Possibly because i'm..." I paused.

"I guess you could say attached? But even so, I have no idea. We haven't had those couple-like moments, the ones filled with love. We've barely been on a couple dates, but yet here I am. Back at this place, because of her. But I wouldn't call her a bad person... she's her. And that's what makes her so special."  I told her.

I looked at Dr. Wyatt, she had never heard me speak more then two sentences at once. She was shocked, to say the least...

I suddenly heard the door open?

"I'm here."