How Adorable You Are

"Hey," you smiled as Kyra slipped out the door. "You look good. As always, of course."

The Midfielder flushed. "I'm wearing a hoodie and sweats."

You were a shameless flirt. "You look good in anything, babes."

She swatted at your shoulder in embarrassment. "Stop that."

You offered her your hand, a cheeky grin donning your face. "Let's go, as the kids say!"

"You'e so immature."

"Just for you, darlin'."

"Will you stop tha— y'know what, nevermind."

---------------

"I used to come here to think," you nodded, taking a seat on the rough dirt overlooking the pale blue ocean. "A place to get away from everything."

Kyra raised her eyebrows questioningly. "You? Think?"

"Haha. Yes, I think. Shocker, I know."

"So, why'd you bring me out here?" She questioned, sitting against a large rock a couple feet away.

"To think. I just said that."

"About what?"

"How adorable you are."

The Midfielder practically melted. "W-what?"

You smiled, cocking your head to the side. "Did I stutter?"

"U-uhm..."

You stood up, closing the distance between yourself and Kyra confidently. "Do I make you nervous, love?"

The Gunner blinked rapidly, unresponsive to your bold words.

"I think I do," you answered your own question, placing a gentle hand on her back. "You wouldn't mind if I kissed you then, yeah?"

Kyra leaned forwards in response, closing her eyes as you pressed your lips to hers softly.

You were vaguely aware of her hand touching down on the back of your neck, completely and utterly lost in her touch.

Only when the need for oxygen became apparent did the two of you pull apart reluctantly.

"Did I ever tell you how adorable you are?" You breathed, giving her hand a squeeze.

A grin worked it's way onto Kyra's face. "You're an idiot."

"I'm your idiot," you corrected. "If you'll let me be, of course."

"Is this your way of asking me to be your girlfriend?"

You shrugged nonchalantly. "Maybe."

She laughed, the sound making warmth seep into your chest. "I'd love to be your girlfriend."

-------------------

You strolled through the lobby doors, hand intertwined with Kyra's smaller one.

"Finally!" Sam grinned, clapping her hands together and drawing the attention of the other Matildas gathered in the large room. "Took ya long enough!"

"Who asked who?" Emily yelled from the back.

You snorted as your now-girlfriend reddened. "You really think Kyra asked me? I kissed her, don't be stupid."

"Goddamnit Kyra," Charli groaned, slapping a thirty (AUD) into Alanna's open palm. "You have no bal— I mean, you're a pus— no, wait... you're a scaredy-cat. Yeah, you're a big fat scaredy-cat."

Mini glared at the Defender, hands half-slapped over Harper's ears. "Watch the language, dumbass!"

Harper giggled, pushing her mom's hands off of her happily. "Dumbass!"

"HARPER NO!"

-----------------------

"No," Kyra crossed her arms. "You can't make me."

"Why?" You huffed, copying the Midfielder's actions childishly. "What do you have against cuddling?"

"Nothing," she stuck out her tongue. "You're just such a big tease, you don't deserve cuddles."

Your teammates watched on as though they were spectating a very invested game of tennis, heads whipping back and forth between you and your girlfriend.

You stalked towards Kyra, a half-hearted glare grazing your expression. "You want to play? Let's play."

Your hands shot out, grabbing the Gunner and throwing her over your shoulder like a sack of potatoes. "C'mon, darling, let's go."

She yelped, smacking your neck with an open hand. "Put me down!"

You whistled an upbeat tune, ignoring her wished entirely.

"You stupid shi—"

Mini's face scrunched up immediately. "Do not finish hat sentence! We don't need a repeat of earlier."

You laughed just before rounding the corner, calling, "Harper! What was that word that your mommy taught you earlier?"

The little girl's face brightened. "Dumbass!"

Mini looked horrified as the room erupted into laughter. "Y/N!"

-----------------

"We have roommates," Kyra chided softly, running a hand through your hair. "I'm not sleeping here."

You yawned, head resting comfortably on her chest. "Alanna said she'll room with Macca. Just enjoy this while you can, love."

You sighed contentedly as she pressed a kiss to the top of your head. "Times like this don't last forever, you know."

She pouted. "Don't ruin the moment, idiot."

You smiled softly, eyelids slowly drooping shut. "Sorry, baby."

"I love you."

"I love you too, Ky. Love you too."

------------------

I'd make this longer, but I'm tired as shit cuz it's 1:11 AM and I've dropped my phone on my face more times than I can count

Hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading!