Chapter 2: The Meeting at the Pub

So, I kinda had this proofread by a friend, and she was like, "Hey, why don't you put them all together in the quest instead of splitting their ways?" I also think their shenanigans would be much eventful. Therefore, I'm republishing this chapter with minor adjustments. Enjoy!

The pub wasn't perhaps, the best place to call the royal knights for a meeting. But the mush of bustling noise, drunken rants and cramped sitting arrangement could be extremely useful while holding a confidential, royal congregation. Moreover, when discovering  the love interest of Prince Seokjin behind his back, the prime minister could never trust the thin walls and the light curtains of the castle.

The prime minister, coated in brown, regular robe that didn't give away his identity as an elite, had reserved a table for himself and those who would be joining him any time. It wasn't in the farthest corner not even on the centre, just on a side where onlookers wouldn't take a second glance. From his hunched stature, his experienced eyes peaked to scan throughout the room, observing keenly while blending in the background. Stirring the warm ale in his glass and listening to the faint piano notes, he waited for the four youths to arrive.

The first to enter through the shegun front door of the pub was ever punctual Sir Namjoon, donned in forest green vest and silver framed spectacles, exuding a scholarly aura even in his disguise as a commoner. Among the gang of rowdy people who were feigning to be free with liquor conquering their system, the knight stood tall and calm, searching for the one who had asked for a meeting. As Sir Namjoon reached the prime minister, he was welcomed with a nod and a disarming smile.

"Good day, Prime Minister of the great kingdom of Amorelia. Miss me at the royal circus?" Namjoon, casual smirk intact, settled in on a tool beside the minister.

"Always eventful, but your insight was missed," the prime minister replied, pouring the knight a glass of whisky which he knew the other preferred, "How have you been, Namjoon?".

Namjoon, lounging, tapped a rhythm, following the piano that played in the background. "Partheon trip, scrolls, tomes, the whole 'wise knight' gig."

"Any interesting finds?" the prime minister asked.

Namjoon, leaning back, grinned. "Tales of a knight versus a forty feet long serpent. Classic hero stuff," he laughed heartily, as if the knight he talked of wasn't he himself.

The prime minister, nodding, appreciated the casual tone. "Legends guiding our adventure. Encounter fewer serpents, I hope."

Namjoon raised an eyebrow. "Speaking of adventures, what's the fuss?"

The prime minister, mysterious, replied, "In due time, Namjoon. Important matters first."

As their trivial conversation continued, the main door creaked and the deafening noise in the pub quit for a beat. In walked Jungkook, red-clad and energetic. His presence held a power like nobody else, catching the attention of anyone in no time.

"Hey, Prime Minister!" Jungkook's voice echoed through the establishment, as he found his way to the duo effortlessly. He hugged the older man who looked smaller in front of his broad, sportsman, physique, surprising all. "Miss me, huh?" he teased, grinning.

The prime minister, composed, smiled. "Always a pleasure, Jungkook. Your enthusiasm is a breath of fresh air."

Jungkook chuckled. "Well, someone's got to bring life. What's on the agenda?"

The prime minister, gesturing to seats, said, "Significant matters and a new quest. Your input's crucial."

Jungkook, confident, leaned back. "A quest? Fight a dragon? Tame a beast? Name it! I'm game."