Prologue: Royal Facade and Requests

The kingdom of Amorelia was the lands of the holiest and purest of affection- it was the unique territory where the elixir of everlasting love was brewed. It was the capital of romanticism, of the mystic feeling, and the peaceful people of this kingdom lived by cherishing this love while working humbly at the elixir laboratory- their worships conducted to Cupid and the beautiful moon.

Our story starts in the Royal Palace of this kingdom, in a night that was cool with the last of the winter breeze and warm with the sweet fragrance of the arriving spring.

The Prime Minister of Amorelia took long confident steps along the corridor, dimly lit by pink pixie dust and occasional silver moon rocks, towards the hanging varendah which opens in front of the serene Luna in the sky and her reflection on the pool beneath.

At the junction where the corridor meets the balcony, the man sees a boy as charming as the full moon he stares at. The sparkles in his eyes mirrored the twinkling stars, and with his crooked, long fingers, he cradled a leather-bound notebook. With the grace in his stance and the aura that surrounds him, it was easy to identify him as the Prince of Amorelia, the embodiment of perfection.

The prime minister hesitated, unsure of how to approach the prince who was lost in his thoughts. The young prince's youthfulness were long gone and his hair was untidy, which was rather unusual. The minister observed from afar how unhappy the prince looked and his heart tightened. After all, he had had the opportunity to be a keen observer of the prince's growth over the years, with him being a trusted personnel of the royal court- so the man at the door couldn't but feel the stretch of the underlying, indenting bond between them, that tugged harder seeing the young man sigh heavily. Prince Seokjin's melancholy had been a subject of concern in the royal court, and the duty to investigate the source of his distress was vested upon the Prime Minister.

Clearing his throat, the prime minister finally spoke in an attempt to make at least a small talk, "Your Highness, it is a beautiful night."

Prince Jin turned to look at him, his eyes reflecting the constellations above. "It is, indeed. The stars have always been my companions."

The prime minister nodded and carefully chose his words. "May I inquire about the reason for your arrival at this late hour, Your Highness?"

Prince Jin smiled softly, a hint of sadness in his eyes. "I cannot sleep, and the night air helps me think. I find solace in the stars and in the words of the poems I pen."

Sensing that the prince was willing to share, the prime minister pressed further. "Is there something specific on your mind, Your Highness?"

Seokjin paused. "It's nothing," he lied, but the Prime Minister saw right through him.

"It's not nothing," the Prince's eyes flickered down as he heard the other speak, "I think I've known you for long enough to decipher at least this. It's alright if you'd rather not talk-"

Prince Jin's gaze turned wistful, and he finally revealed the cause of his melancholy. "I have fallen in love, dear friend, and yet the one who holds my heart does not reciprocate."

The prime minister listened empathetically, recognizing the depth of the prince's emotions. "Love can be a complex journey, Your Highness. The heart does not always follow a predictable path."

With a heavy sigh, Prince Jin closed his notebook. "I know, but my heart yearns for the man of my dreams, as I have written in these poems. My entirety indulges in worshipping his beauty, grace, and kindness. My love was a prima facie"

After a moment of reflection, the prime minister gently consoled the prince. "Your Highness, love may yet find its way to your door. You are a kind and noble soul, and your feelings are a testament to your capacity for love."