Ten Years Later

^ that's not how he looks

TW: Degrading, whipping, cage (unfortunately😔)

Enjoy!

~~~~~~

            I was shoved forcefully on stage. My hands were tied in front of me. My gaze pointed downward. I knew better than to make eye contact with anyone.

           "A young, 16-year-old girl! She's strong and smart! She is a changeling! The kind that is almost extinct! She can change into only one animal, a cat!"

            "A cat?!" A woman in the crowd bellowed a laugh. "Who would want that?"

           "Transform, scum!" The auctioneer demanded, whipping my back. I bit my lip to not cry out in pain.

           Master had a long, curly black beard and his hair was the same color. His body was tall and thin with long, skinny fingers like a skeleton. His face contained cheek bones that stuck out a bit too much. His eyes appeared hollow and black.

           I've had the same auctioneer for ten years. He was the bounty hunter's boss. Normally, he would auction many things but all he 'sold' was me. He always collected the money from the buyer and then ran off with me and the money. He's wanted in many towns and villages.

            I shrank into a small, short legged, bulky black cat. I had yellow eyes and small ears. The ropes had disappeared with my clothes. My cat appearance was close to my human one. In my human form, my eyes were bright yellow almost cat-like, if I looked at you for too long, it seemed like they were piercing your soul. I had long, light-weight, black hair and natural, tanned colored skin.

            "She looks weak!" a man cackled. At the corner of my eye, I saw the auctioneer smirk.

            A dummy, hay stuffed clothes on a stick, like a scarecrow was dragged toward the left of me. I swallowed and turned to the attack dummy.

           "Attack it, rodent." He hissed. I unsheathed my claws and focused all my energy on my back legs.

            I pounced high enough to hit its head. My claws were extra sharp, they were always sharpened before every auction. The hay pooled out of the head. It was soon knocked over and the head fell off. I landed on all fours. I changed back to human, my clothes and rope returning.

             Shouts were immediately heard, "$1000!"

              "$2000!"

              It went up to $100,000 before it stopped. Before the auctioneer could even hit his hammer on his table, the door on the other end of the room burst open. It was two girls; one had a long sword, and the other had a bow.

             "Let her go!" One shouted.

~~

Thank you for reading! Updates aren't very scheduled since I do have to finish/edit the story but jwill update somewhat regularly(?)