Introductions

TW: cage, mentions of abuse

Enjoy

~~~

"Let her go!" One shouted. Everyone started panicking and running around. The back of my shirt was yanked, and I yelped in surprise, then quickly clamped my mouth shut. I was thrown into a cage once again. I went to the back of the cage and brought my legs close.

              "Trix! Get her!" The girl with the bow called, fighting off one of the guards that I didn't even notice was there.

             The other, who I assume was Trix, leaped up the stage as I was getting picked up. They were just gonna steal me. They were one of the people who Master cheated with, weren't they? They're just gonna beat me senseless like he does.

              "Take her! I'll find another who can earn me money! She's useless anyway." Master snapped, but I knew his lying voice. I've heard him lie so many times. He's going to come back for me.

              Master ran off as Trix grabbed the cage handle and called for the other girl: "Gwen!"

              She glanced over and nodded. Trix started running, causing the cage holding me to bounce.

             "You can fight, right?" Trix asked me, looking over. I didn't answer. "Right, right. Never mind."

             Gwen held off the guards as Trix ran with me. I closed my eyes and exhaled. The cage bounced as Trix ran. My mind came up with scenario after scenario of where they were taking me. I could feel myself shaking. Around a half hour later, I was set down. My eyes shot open.

            "See? I told you she wasn't asleep!" Gwen exclaimed. We were in the forest, there was a campfire and two sleeping mats around us. My head jerked forward when the cage door opened.

           The first girl, Gwen, had dark, wavy black hair in a long ponytail, tied in a blue band. She had dark skin, and she was extremely tall. She had a belt with a scabbard with her sword in it as well. The ravenette appeared to be around eighteen. Her navy-blue eyes had a cheery look to them. She was dressed in a light blue collared shirt and long shorts. She had a copper-colored armor plate on her torso and an armor peace on her right shoulder with a crow design. She had armor plated on her kneecaps and tall brown boots. A circular earing with a black bead on the bottom was in her right ear but not the left. The same ear had a chip in it.

           The second girl, Trix, was a redhead with short curly hair and sage green eyes. She had freckles and light skin. She was short compared to Gwen, possibly my age or a year younger. She had a belt with a scabbard with her sword in it. She wore a sleeveless light green adventurer robe with a darker green thick outline, buttoned together until it ended around her crotch area. A brown belt with a yellow buckle was on her waist. Baggy black pants were under the robes and ended at the start of her tall brown dirty boots. A brown satchel hung next to her hip. On her right bicep, there was an orange band with gray circles but varied sizes of a darker area on each on it. As well as a baggy detached sleeve under it. Three gray rings decorated her fingers. Both girls bore scars on their bodies, like I did.

           Instinctively, tried scooting farther back into the corner. It's a trick, it's always a trick. "Woah, hey, we aren't gonna hurt you." Trix promised. "We promise."

 I stayed put and whimpered, shrinking back. Suddenly, Gwen reached her hands into the cage, one held a sharp arrow. I yelped and squeezed my eyes shut, bracing for a slap, a cut, anything. Her fingers wrapped around my wrist and brought them closer to her. I let her, too scared to stop it.

 "I'm not going to hurt you... I'm cutting the ropes." She whispered and I opened my eyes. She brandished the arrow at me and carefully led it to my wrist. I yelped and tried tugging away from the weapon.

 "Gwen, it's the arrow!" Trix shouted.

 "How else am I supposed to cut them?" Gwen asked blankly. "Stay still!"

 She quickly cut the ropes and let go of my wrists. I yanked them back and examined them. They were unharmed. "See?" Gwen whispered, setting down the arrow and putting her hands up.

             "Can you come out?" Trix questioned. I swallowed my nervousness and slowly crawled out then carefully stood up, cautious of my surroundings.

             "There we go..." Gwen smiled. "What's your name? Do you have one?"

              Name? No one has asked my name in years.

              "Gypsy." I squeaked. "Where am I?"

              "In Fairy Forest!" Trix grinned. "We rescued you from the auction. How long have you been there? It was that guy who cheated on his buyers, right?"

              "I've been with him since I was 5." I answered.

              "Dang!" Gwen blurted. "And you're sixteen?"

               I nodded and they gasped.

              "There were rumors, but I didn't think they were true..." Trix muttered. "You're a shifter, right?"

               I nodded again and they both grinned. Gwen laughed. "Trix is a fox and I'm a hawk!"

               My eyes widened, "Changeling? I thought I was the last one."

              "Nope! Everyone else thinks we're extinct! Buuuuut-"

               "There's a hideout, a few weeks walk from here I think, that we all live in!" Trix finished.

             Gwen glared at her in disbelief. "Anyway, I'm Geneviève, call me Gwen, and this is Trix... short for Trix!"

            There was another island. Full of changelings? That I'm assuming no one knows about? But Master...

            "Master... he'll come after me. I can't go."

             "No, he won't, he doesn't know where we are!" Gwen grinned.

~~~~

That was a longer chapter than I thought it would be, but yay!